Going carp fishing tomorrow morning

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by lightningmetal10, Apr 28, 2006.

1. lightningmetal10

lightningmetal10 New Member

State:
    new york
    i think i got some grass carp in my pond... this is my first time actually goin for carp... We got a few in my hometown pond. Ne suggestions on what t throw in the wate and configs or whatnot? Im a newb to carp lol. Should i use a large saltwater pole or just reg freshwater? Bait? Bobber? hook size? and the carp that i have seen are pretty big (5+ lbs) Thnx in advance for the advice

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    you may want to think about leaving some of those carp in your pond.Those grass carp keep the pond cleaned out and all that green alge eatin up so it dosent take over the pond.But for catching them id use regular can corn or a dough ball.You will want to use a small hook as well,and your freash water gear should work fine depending on the size line you have.Id go with 10 to 17 # test.Good luck let us know how you do.

3. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    dough balls work really well....

4. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I would have to go with dough ball to.

5. lightningmetal10

lightningmetal10 New Member

State:
    new york
    My friend and i are going carping tomorrow we're using corn and some store brand dough.... cirlce hooks and pole holder with 10lb test
    ne other tips?

6. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I wouldn't use circle hooks. I would use #4 Eagle Claw bait holders. Also, a five pound carp isn't a big carp. Add 15-20 lbs. to that and you've got yourself a big carp!!! Keep on fishing, best of luck!!

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    yea im getting ready to go fishing tonight its been rainy out and i going to some lakes that has streams flowing in and try for a few catfish and if that dont work im going put me on some dough balls and fish for some carp for a while last year i got a 26 pound carp it was nice to catch and it was fun but they bleed to easy

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Yeh they do bleed real easy,thats why I love to fish for catfish with them.