Going back to school

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by truckin4x4, Aug 3, 2006.

1. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey guys i'm going back to school. college that is. i'm going to be trying to get a degree in construction managment. i'm going to be starting up a construction conpany with a friend this year sometime and just want to have something on paper. i have a lot of noleage in my head. but it's always nice to be aboul to show a degree now days. well just wanted to let you know guys now.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck dude, wife is looking into Bryman Institue for Nursing Assistance.

3. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    dude bryman is a good school. couson went there. me personally i'm tired of making other people money

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Good for you, Rob. Edumakshun is a wondeful thing :smile2: And good luck with your business, I wish you much success.

5. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Very true. It used to be that people would take the time to find out what a prospective worker knew, but now they rely on a piece of paper that may or may not be worth what it cost.

You already have the knowledge, let them know. Good luck in getting there.

btw: you might try some CLEP tests to lessen the number of classes you need to take.

6. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    well when i finish i will have a 3 degree, one in construction managment, serveying degree, and a bidding degree. i there is also some other certificates that i will get along the way to

7. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    Congratulations bud...i`d like to go back myself but i`m not a book person.I`m a hands-on type of guy.A degree will always look good on a person`s resume.I knew alot of people that had the experience but not a degree and were getting paid less than a person with one doing the same job.

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    School is always a good idea. Never stop learning.

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Good for you! It will be tough but I am behind you all the way! My wife did it too it was hard but she got thru. I am proud of her.
    Bill

11. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    Thanks guys!!!!! its going to be hard becouse i'm not a book person eather. but it's something that i need to do. i don't want to be another failed company.

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Its always good to further your education. congratulations and we wish you luck. I need to go to a typing class myself this one finger is getting sore:big_smile:

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    So, are you going to have a string of alphabet soup after your name...:lol:

14. khensu0213

khensu0213 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That's AWESOME! Best of luck to you with that. It's funny, I went to college right out of highschool and didn't appreciate it (and my first semester grades proved that). I ended up leaving college before I got my degree. Some years later, after experiencing some things in the work world, I finally understood the importance of completing my college education, so I went back. I'd always heard that a man really gets two educations in life. One which we had no choice (up to graduating highschool), and the other which we ourselves choose. When I was a snot nosed youngster, I did just enough to get by in school. When I went back all grown up, I managed to maintain a 3.97 GPA for my last two years. Why? Because I WANTED and APPRECIATED the education I was seeking. I say all that to just give you some encouragement. You'll have a blast in school, and I'm sure others who have experiences like mine would agree...you'll get alot more out of the experience which makes it that much more meaningful to your life.
    Again, best of luck! I'm always happy to hear about people taking steps toward a brighter future.

Be well my friend.

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Good decision. Its never too late to learn, nor should we ever stop learning. Education is something that should continue a lifetime.

16. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Good luck and enjoy!!! It is very hard and I commend you for doing it!!!

17. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Rob, That is good news. I am so proud of my wife for going back. She was 37 when she finished with a science degree and was an RN. I'm telling ya, I know what she went through and she deserved it. I even went and got around 60 hours and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There is a saying that "education is wasted on the youth" and to a point it has some truth to it. The only bad part is that it is going to get into your BOC time. Keep us posted and we'll pray for you, especially before tests.

ST

18. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    thanks guys for all of the support

19. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Rob, good luck brother. I myself would like to try going back myself. I never got a degree and in the computer industry, they don't care if you have 12 - 13 years of experiance. They want a silly piece of paper that says you can cram for a test and pass it.

20. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Way to go ROB. Proud of ya. Wish I would go to college, but i'm holding out for a gen. labor class. lol. Good luck and I'll say a prayer for ya brother.