going back to santee 6-18, any advice?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mf7406, Jun 17, 2009.

1. mf7406

mf7406 New Member

State:
    ga
    Hello to all,
    I took the wife & kids to santee last weekend. We fished Moultrie Fri & Sat and managed 7 small fish total, & I fished pretty hard. Tried Marion awhile Sunday morning & didn't catch a fish. I marked alot of fish, mostly in 20-25 ft, but couldn't get them to bite. I'm headed back down Thursday afternoon. If anyone has any advice on when, where, or bait I would greatly appreciate it. Should I try at night ? I've only night fished the canal. In the lakes at night, is it best to anchor or drift? Thanks for any help. If we have another slow weekend, should I check the paper next week to make sure my wife doesn't have my boat for sale?

Thanks again, Mark

2. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    I fished Marion Tuesday -Saturday with some luck marked several fish but the bite was erratic with heavy action for an hour then nothing. The bigger fish seemed to be back in the canal Saturday night anchored and drifting on cut bait and live perch.

3. fearless58

fearless58 New Member

State:
    ga
    MARK I FISHED UP THERE LAST WEEK WITH ABOUT THE SAME RESULTS YOUR HAVING . WE DID CATCHMOST OF OUR FISH DRIFTING THE LAKE WITH LIVE WHITE PERCH.LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES I WOULD LIKE TO GO BACK IF THEY GO TO BITING BETTER. GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME TO THE BOC