Going back to my new favorite Pond

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by whisker maniac, May 21, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    :big_smile: I'm going back to my new favorite pond in the morning.

I'm thinking about taking my big cat pole and putting on some cut bait and see if there is any big fish in there that might be hungry.

The pond is not all that big but I am told it is pretty deep in spots.

There are alot of small cats in it for sure and I think that it is over populated and the cats won't grow very big. It was stocked years ago with blues.... I've only fished it once so far, with great success but all small eaters. I was told that there are some biguns in there but I haven't seen any roll or any indications that there are.

I hope to find out tomorrow...:eek:oooh::big_smile:

2. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:Sorry about the lettering color on the first page. It showed up better when I typed it in.:eek:oooh::smile2:

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    that sure was a fast turn around so when you coming.

4. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    :smile2: Your not at a pond Johnnie but sure wish ya was closer:eek:oooh: May have to try and make that a yearly trip.:wink: What do ya think:big_smile:

5. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Kev sounds like you got a good little hot spot there. Your right you need to fish out some of the little ones and let the biggins get bigger .Maybe i can come down and help with the eaters

6. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Well what are you waiting for :eek:oooh::big_smile:

Didn't have much luck today. Caught about 5 and they were so small that I didn't want to fool with them. I Only bought some worms to fish with didn't buy any chicken livers. Friend of mine came out later and he had some livers and he caught a few that were big enough to keep but he still didn't slay em like I did last wk. I think with the warmer temps and the shallower pond that they have started spawning. I took my big rod and use it with a bobber and couldn't find any place that was more than about 4 or five foot deep:eek:oooh: That may also have something to with with the cats not growing and maturing to a nice size. I'll have to do some more investigating about this pond to find out why.