Going Back To Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catlow37, Jun 3, 2008.

1. catlow37

catlow37 Member

State:
    Union, SC
    Well im going back to the Monty in the morning to try to catch a few. I hope to get a good one or two but will be happy to be on the water. I will post when I get home to lot you know how I did.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good luck and stay safe.

3. catlow37

catlow37 Member

State:
    Union, SC
    Well got back to the house around 2 PM today. Caught 13 smallest one weighing around 3 lbs the biggest weighed 6 lb 11 oz. Not a bad day on the lake but was a little dissapointed i didn't catch something bigger. I know they are there, Just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I was a great day for fishing though and I did catch enough for dinner.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Just because you didn't catch any hawgs doesn't necessarily mean that you are doing something wrong! Those big Monty blues are known to be pretty tempermental; sometimes they're bitin', and sometimes not :confused2: One day they're eatin herring like there's no tomorrow, but then they only want shad, or maybe perch (or maybe the lucky shrimp). Just remember, some days there's fishin, and some days there's catchin, and the more time that you spend on the water the more days your gonna be catchin :smile2:

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I've been down there and would have been happy to catch three must less 13 even without a big'un.

6. johnboy

johnboy New Member

State:
    Columbia SC
    I went to the big Mon today and caught 9 little ones....I know how you feel, I tried cut perch and cut bream today...just no big bites.....I dont get it, I see all these pics of these big fish, but I just dont catch em............the big perch and bream cutbaits just sit there......the little cut baits bring the little ones on up.....but there's always the next time!!!