Going back in the morning

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Aug 8, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I'm going back to the old lock 8 dam on the Ouchital river early in the morning. Last time I was there big fish were hitting the top pretty good until it got later in the day and the sun started getting hot. Hope to take advantage of that this time. Forgot to take any bobbers with me last time out. I will have on red rigged to fish on bottoma and one with a bobber slip rig to which one they weill bite. Hopefully the fish will cooperate and I'll catch a goodun.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Have a good trip Kevin. Your day will come.

3. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    I hope so Mickey. It would be nice to know that I have found a place not to awful far from me where I can go and have easy access from the bank to catch some big fish.

4. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Well missed my alarm this morning. Didn't wake up til almost 6:30. Got up and loaded up real quick and headed out. By the time I got there it was around 7:30 to 7:45. I put my small lines out first baited with hot dogs and then started fishing for bream. They weren't biting too well this morning but I caught a couple after just a few minutes. I put the bream on my big rods live at first and let them fly.

I rigged one of my big rods with a slip float and the other I rigged to fish off the bottom.

Didn't get a bite but it sure was a pretty morning and was cooler this morning than it has been.

5. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    kevin ....... i know this sounds crazy ...... instead of hot dogs , try pepperoni ... also spam .......... got some buddies here that use it in the ms river on jugs ...... fish seem to love the stuff ....... i have never used it , BUT ... couple yrs ago we all met up at tunica ,south of memphis , to fish the ms river ..... one of the guys from oklahoma got there several hrs before the rest of us got there............... he went down to the boat ramp and threw out one pole baited with salami and caught a 7 lb blue right away!!

6. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    man! thats one nice fish steve. how big was he and where did u catch him

7. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Thanks coach been thinking about trying the spam but need to get rid of all these hot dogs first :eek:oooh::smile2:

Made up the hotdogs to put on a trotline but didn't get to go now I've got alot of dogs and am only pole fishing right now:eek:oooh::smile2:

8. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    thats the good thing about hotdogs and spam if the fish dont bite well u know where i'm going with this:wink:

9. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Kevin, you may want to try one of the sandbar points just below where you are fishing. Try to find one that has a little current going by it. I know there isn't much current in the river there this time of the year but if you can find any you will be better off there. Also you might try to catch some of the white bass there too. Try a spoon or a shad type crank bait. If you can catch some of them they will definately give you a good pull anyway.

Just a suggestion.

don3778