Going back catfishing on the Ozark Water System!

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by slabmaster, Mar 3, 2006.

1. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    going back to ozark this weekend 3-3-06. suposed to rain . i just cant stand the thought of big catfish roaming around and me not being there to catch them. fishing report to follow3-6-06.

2. notimetofish

notimetofish New Member

State:
    van buren,arkansas
    hi slabmaster,
    do you ever fish around l&d 13 near van buren. i catch shad to fish with
    there but have not got anything to brag about there in a couple years .
    i've tried to catch skipjacks but have only cought one and that was in a castnet. me and my wife had 2 babys last year so i did not fish much in 05.
    we had one in jan. and one in dec. . but i'm planning to get back at it.
    hows the bite in ozark.

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    fished 3-3-06 started around 9 pm. quit around 1:30 the bite was slow but steady. caught 3 nice channels 21/2 range 2 blues one was 3 lb the other 4lb. 3 white bass and 1 big drum. i took a new guy with me he whimmped out . i was preparred to fish til dawn. a good catfish partner is hard to find.

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    congratulations on your new additions. i have never fished around van buren but would like to. if you ever get a free friday night holler at me and we'll give it a try.

5. notimetofish

notimetofish New Member

State:
    van buren,arkansas
    thanks. i would love to. i work sat,but i could get off for fishing. i bank fish, but only cause i don't have a boat.and i have been known to fish all night without even one bite. wife calls me crazy for this lol!!.

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i am land locked right now also . i am getting new boat in september but for now bank fishing is it. dont want to take you from your work. if you want to go sometime let me know . i got to church on sunday but i could still fish all saturday night and make it.

7. notimetofish

notimetofish New Member

State:
    van buren,arkansas
    i just noticed your location. do you live in missouri. i was thinking you lived in ozark,ar.

8. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i just moved to missouri just live 1.5 miles north of pea ridge ark. travel is not a problem for me when it comes to fishing i haave fishing liscense for 4 states . my mother and father in law lives in ozark . down town by park"gar creek".

9. notimetofish

notimetofish New Member

State:
    van buren,arkansas
    maybe we could meat up in ozark and fish the dam there. its better fishing than van buren i think.

10. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    sounds good i want to fish the acats tournament on beaver lake march 25th if i do the next time i'll fish ozark is march 31- april 1 i will pm you the next time i go. get your 20 posts in so you can recive private mail.

11. notimetofish

notimetofish New Member

State:
    van buren,arkansas
    ok i will try to get some more posted. i'll be in little rock until the 25th so i'll try and keep the weekend free

12. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    notime i also fish 13 , i havent done anygood since nov cant catch shad anymore without a boat they are deep would like to meet up with you some time what do you drive where do you fish etc. i drive a green 97 dodge and usually fish below generator on east side down by the bouyes either just above aor below. if they dont run water it is really tough. today ichecked on line and they were generating but they are about 3 hrs behind. by the time i got there they werent running any water.

13. notimetofish

notimetofish New Member

State:
    van buren,arkansas
    i drive a 2002 dark blue dodge. but i have not been down there in a'while i think i my go down there on thur. 9th and mess around. i have not fished since aug. did you go across the road to the small gates across from harrilton
    sometimes i can catch shad there but it's probley to dry with our water shortage.

14. notimetofish

notimetofish New Member

State:
    van buren,arkansas
    i forgot about this but do you cast your net in the small pond at the end of the road by the generator. when i don't have any luck anywhere else i can sometimes catch them there.

15. notimetofish

notimetofish New Member

State:
    van buren,arkansas
    also my buddy has a number you can call that is up to the minute info i'll try to get it from him tommorrow. i will post it for you.

16. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    i would like to have that number. i went today to the mouth of clear creek no luck but was mostly crappie fishing the shad were really running there but were out in the middle of the creek. i never tear them up about 5 is my high last year 3-6 lbs. i usually can fish for 2 hrs or so till i have to leave.

17. notimetofish

notimetofish New Member

State:
    van buren,arkansas
    i've never had any luck at clear creek. fished there 5 or 6 times and only caught a snake.

18. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    cut the snake up and use him for bait.

19. notimetofish

notimetofish New Member

State:
    van buren,arkansas
    i just used it to scare my wife!!!!lol!

20. notimetofish

notimetofish New Member