Going away for a few days...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ardiva, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    ..to visit my son in sunny So. Calif. Leaving this Friday morning and returning the following Tues night. This will be the first time that I have left 'Ole Mean Gene alone with all the responsibilities of the house including taking care of our pets.
    OY! lol

Anyways, would y'all keep an eye on my guy while I'm gone? I'd sure appreciate it. :smile2:

*hugs and blessings*
    Helen

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You sure you know what you're gettin' into???:smile2:
    Have a good trip...

3. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Helen, that poor guy is going to starve to death while you are gone.LOL Mean Gene is tough as nails, he will be OK. We hope you have a great trip, be safe.

4. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Jim, even tho Gene is an excellent cook, he sez that he's gonna eat out so he doesn't have to clean up the kitchen. I told him I didn't want to come home to a messy house. :smile2:

5. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Helen, I'm hoping that you will still have a home to come to.

Will :004:

6. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Me too, Will.....me too! :smile2:

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Helen, I hope you have a safe trip. Don't worry about old mean Gene. Just give a chore list to do that is 4 miles long. Tell him either he gets it done, OR, the house is exactly as you left it when you return. I guarantee that he will sleep in the van and camp out the whole time you are gone!

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Let Gene know that I got the invitation to the house sitting party.

9. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Aunt Helen I was talkin to my big brudder today and I wont say his name (coughpetecough). and he said that he and uncle gene were planning the biggest bash ever while you were gone and they were plottin how they were gonna get the fishy smell and slime outta the house before you got back. Now I dont wanna be considered a tattle tale here, heaven knows I dont need that kinda reputation round here, but I was really concerned and have been tryin to decide whether or not to give you the heads up on the situation, as Im concerned as to your welfare, ya know, slippin on the slime adn fallin and all. Well, do me a favor and dont tell them we talked, and thanks for the $$, Ill sure keep a close eye out for any misconduct. Have a good trip Aunt Helen. Have fun.

10. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    WOOHOO party at Uncle Genes!!!!!!!

11. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    Gene, I got the invite to the party, but sadly I have to work this weekend so I'm gonna miss it, ooppppps! think i might have let the cat out of the bag :eek:oooh: I'm gone!

12. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Dear Niece Leslie,

You're a good niece,and I love you to death. And I'm glad that you have gotten on the band wagon here with me. You're rep is safe in my hands, sweetie. Never fear.

I'll tell ya what, if'n they do the things that they've been plannin' to do while I'm gone, I don't care one iota over it as long as my house is all cleaned up when I get home!!!

Oh yeah, there are 4 more mouths to feed while I'm gone too. We got some little feral kittens that lost their mother and are living on our porch. They gots to have their water and food twice a day and a change of the poop box.

There, I've said is as plain as I can...think Uncle Gene will pass this exam when I get home to grade him??

Luv,
    Aunt Helen

13. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    I think you couldnt have put it any plainer, I only hope he can understand it, but with the rowdy bunch he hangs out with, who knows whats possible.

14. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    UPDATE:
    Got home last night around 9pm. Nice time with my son, but the fires there in So.Calif. are very bad. One of the fires in Irvine is also very close to where my son lives in Lake Forest. Very grateful his house is ok, but so much smoke!

Kinda miss my old stomping grounds in So.Calif...but don't miss the fires.

15. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Here is a pic of my son..and one that shows how close one of the fires is to his home.

Attached Files: