Going after them today at 13

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Bait Boat, May 29, 2008.

1. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Will try to hit some spoons today at 13 . Always ready for a good gun-fight
    I hav snagged about 10 so far Will give a report later:wink:

2. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Well I did'nt hit anything but a guy that was over there got a smaller one:smile2:

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well at least ya got to go:big_smile: by the way it was time you started a new thread on #13 that one was getting kinda hard to keep up with:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2:

4. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    10-4 10-4 good buddy

5. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    think i'm going this afternoon and try to hit one.

6. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Well snagged one sat morn about 22lbs and its twin sun morn. before my
    reel cap came off and lost a bearing. can't believe I lost a bearing and not the cap All well it's just money.:smile2:

7. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Got new bearing Tested it out for about 30 minutes Hit nothing at all
    :smile2:

8. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Regan ......your starting to show some "signs" of the ol'e # 13 hex:eek:oooh: Have ya been hanging out with Johnny???:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2:

9. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    You know I never thought of that. Maybe a little pay-back for the hard time
    I gave him. Still can't figure out how you loose a bearing and not the cover
    12.00 fix:smile2:

10. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    well I hit one thurs yesterday 28 lbs Friend of mine hit 2 about 22 to 25lbs
    It's fun untill the real fishing starts. Come on drought:smile2:

11. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well of course the river is rising once again!!!! I think you boy's down at Barling need to invest in a 50lb bag of those Lucky-Charms and spread them around a little bit:eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink: Keep posting BB and do a skip-jack-dance to bring some in i just missed them by 1 week at a creek down this way:crazy:

12. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Well I poped 2 spoons and two flatheads sun. Boy caught 1 skip in net.
    I think the water would be to dirty for good skip action.
    Seen a man catch 2 that would go 10 to 15 lbs off the bank with a
    big cork

13. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    15lbs is one Heck of a SKIP-JACK Regan!!!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out::big_smile:

14. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    I guess I kind a messed up a little on that one:smile2:

15. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Well the catalpa worm crop looks good. should have some ready to pick by
    sun or mon. Just need a drought to hit the river in time

16. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    any action on the river lately? Thinking of launching from clear creek and run back up towards 13 and look the dikes over. I figure those blues to be coming off the beds now. What do you think?

17. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I was out at the AR River today, out at the Purple Heart Memorial Highway bridge near Maumelle Park. I got a nice surprise-my sister was able to join in today. I think dad and I kind of surprised her. She was only running her Zebco 202, then she sees me using my Ugly Stik/Zebco 404 for topwater fishing and my Rhino/Zebco 808 for deepwater fishing, and my dad was using his Berkley/Zebco 808 and Mudville combo. Dad caught a hybrid bass and fingerling blue cat that were too small to keep. I caught a blue cat on the Rhino but he got off when I got his head out of the water...and she only caught two bream.

I don't think my sister realizes that anglers have different rods/reels in their "arsenals" and that they're used for different purposes yet. For instance, she doesn't realize that if I'm going to fish deep, odds are I'm going to use my Rhino since it's a heavier rod and that I'll use the Ugly Stik or (if I can get it repaired) my Zebco Z-glass/Mitchell Avocet II for light to medium action. She looked at me like I was crazy when she saw me running TWO rods!

18. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    mac they are still running a lot of water, but its dropping i think they are scheduled for 80,000 sat. out of 13. I went to clear creek ramp and bank fished last week they were putting in some boats. but it was still up big.you couldn't see the handicaped pier.the water was about a foot below where the ramp starts sloping down.I caught some small channels but no blues. I have been floating the creek in kayak fished from low water bridge at grotto hole to lancaster yesterday. i caught 5 all less than 3 lbs. and had to drag kayak over nearly every shoal. I kinda think by next weekend the river will be down and the blues will be mostly off the nest.

19. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    I fished the river last sat out out of river ridge. Fished at mouth of clear
    creek caught a few small ones. Court house slough caught several small
    ones on catalpa worms. I'm lost out trying to find fish away from my honey hole:smile2:. Saw a man with a f&f boat kinda like I want to build
    18 by 72 with a 225 merc on her. Little to much motor for me:big_smile:.
    Maybe by sep I can fish the gates with the rc boat

20. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Thanks for the response everyone, Bolivar, I was out there a few weeks back when the water was nearly in the parking lot :smile2: I wasnt sure if the handicap ramp/dock was still there or not!!!!!!!! I just stayed away from where I knew it used to be, we didnt go out to the river that day just did some drifting up past the shad pipe. Suppose to be a break in the weather shortly so might go in a couple days. Went to the lake Tuesday night till about 1am, nothin.Lots of traffic on the lake for sure. I guess I could switch to crappie fishin:eek:oooh::embarassed::smile2: