Goin' to the river tomorrow.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by FREESPOOL, Sep 15, 2007.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Any suggestions on where to locate the blues with the current conditions???

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Dan, I haven't even checked on the river levels, barometric pressures or anything else since my last trip but a few people seemed to think the fish should be in the channels. So you might try the channel ledges. I'd still give a known hotspot a cursory try, you never know. When it produces it produces big.

Good Luck.

3. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Oh, I'm gonna stick a fillet in that hole for sure. You can bet on it. I need to get this smell of skunk off of me!!! Just call me Pepé Le Pew. :smile2:

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I just got home from the river, I did alright I guess, the bite is still a little slow.. Only caught four all around 10-14 pounds.

The fish I caught were in holes near the main channel on GoldEye filets and about 32 feet deep. Water temp is a balmy 74 degrees!

Did get a neat pic though, only wish it was a new PB! Oh Well!!:smile2:

I am planning on next Friday for my next trip, I would have stayed out longer but had to get off the river guess the little lady wasn't feeling to well, not to mention was sitting up front shivering :big_smile: It did get a little chilly out there tonight when the sun went down.

Attached Files:

5. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Thats a cool picture. What ramp do you use to access that part of the river?

6. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    thats a crazy difference in water temp. its about 67 degrees up here in nebraska.

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I launch near the Arch grounds underneath the railroad bridge. I tend to pack alittle "heater" with me when I'm down there at night, tends to be a few undesirables down there when nightfall comes around.

It's an alright place to go every now and then, I still like MP alot better. However, my favorite bait is alot easier to catch on that stretch though and I have caught alot of nice fish there as well.

8. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    By the way, I got skunked yet again today. My luck has got to change one of these days. I mean, if I spend enough time out there with a hook in the water.... One of those blues is bound to accidentally bump up against it and get snagged... Right? :confused2:

9. sportscar02

sportscar02 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the tip's
    Now thats the kind of fish I want to catch.
    Im getting tired of hanging pictures of someone else's fish on my wall.:crazy:

Keep it up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Geez Mike, took you long enough to sign up. You guys will get into some big ones soon. You are doing all the right stuff. Just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Fortunes can change in a split second when that one pole doubles over.

Hang in there.:big_smile:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    We managed 3 fish yesterday, and each one of them came off of the channel ledge, 25-30 feet down in ripping current.

12. sportscar02

sportscar02 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hope so, Planning on being up there every chance I get.