Goin fishing! Anyone wanna go?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by iluvnevaeh, Apr 17, 2009.

1. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I live in the Auburn area, thinkin bout doin some night fishing on the MO near Nebraska City or down by Rulo.....dont have a boat but just checking to see if anyone wants to go.....

2. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    was out in neb city today do some fishin great day out it was.. went up river 8 dykes found a NICE hole.. little woman caught her first fish off the river~!! 5 lb blue. what day you planning on goin out?

3. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    im gonna go out there tonight, near peru i found wat looks to be a good spot. i bought me some fresh shad sides, night crawlers and about 13 goldies. im just a little new to river fishing and wouldnt mind somebody around that might be able to point out what i can do to improve. congrats on your lady catchin that blue!!

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    would love to go but cant make 2 trips out there in a day.. GOOD LUCK ~!!!

5. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Are you going to the old boat dock that is north of the college? I've heard good things about that place. But I heard fishing by the boats in Brownville at the elevators are good too. Good luck and keep us posted on how you do.
    I'm going to Enders tomorrow, got the shad sides, crawlers, livers, and we've gotten three inches of rain in the past two days should be prime time.

6. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I went to sabetha's pony creek monday. I didn't have any luck. I think it was too cold and not a whole lot of good places to fish from shore. Once that water warms up though and after a big rain it should be good. Would love to meet up with you and fish their sometime. Send me a PM when it gets warmer and we'll catch some channels.

7. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Anytime is good for me lol, i caught 2 big head carp last night and 5 shovel nose sturgeon, no cats though :embarassed: its not rainin today though and its warm here!! :cool2: hopefully skawez can get away :smile2:

8. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Anytime is good for me lol, i caught 2 big head carp last night and 5 shovel nose sturgeon, no cats though :embarassed: its not rainin today though and its warm here!! :cool2: hopefully skawez can get away :smile2:

9. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Went to Enders in the minnow today. Was out for 6 hours and caught one little channel. It seemed like every time we stopped we'd (I mean my partner) would catch one, I'd get a bite and then nothing. What a boring a** day. Oh well at least I got to get a line wet.

10. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    lol cant be any worse than me, im fishing on the river just through peru. go all the way outta town on a dirt road and theres a wildlife management area there. i hit it again today and got 2 small channels and a few carp (small). I've got to be fishing for flatheads and blues the wrong way. :smile2: frustrating but im determined to get me at least one of each this year:confused2:

11. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i wanna get out and do some fishin this weekend, anybody wanna go ???

12. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    ill be fishin all weekend your more then welcome anytime you wanna come down.

13. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    ok, well im gonna clean the house up today and try to finish up with the car, so call me and let me know before you go somewhere, ill meet ya there and hopefully we can catch something this time besides sturgeon :smile2:

14. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    where ya goin !!

15. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    today i think we'll head out to bluestem and tonight got that tourney at wagontrain...

16. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    you can swing down and pick me up if ya want :big_smile:

17. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    skaews did you fish wagon train saturday night

18. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    sure did.. caught 2 both about 2 lbs got alot of hits tho.. everyone was fishin the east side i went to the ol faithful hole on the west.. from teh sounds of it no one was gettin hits let alone fish.. hear say says the winner only had 2... idk for sure since i left bout 3am..

19. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i didnt recognize u from your pic me and my partner won it we had 10 fish 38 punds and i also had big fish of 9 lbs we were the only team to get 10 2nd had 8 fish 32 and than it stepped back alot after that

20. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Damn I wish I lived closer so I could get in on those NCAA tourney's. Been wanting to for years, now I have the boat that will keep up with the big dogs and live clear on the other side of the state. Oh well next year I won't be spending all my money on a wedding instead I will be fishing in the tourney's. Just don't know if they'll be local or big Cabela's King kat tourney's on some rivers. I hate fishing lakes, I'm more at home on a river. Yep that's me "the river rat"