goin fishin

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by eyeguy, Jun 17, 2008.

1. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Went to the Big Manistee Saturday and it looked like coffee with cream in it, I've never seen it like that before. A friend who fishes there said he talked with a guy who used chicken livers that morning and caught two nice channel cats. I am camping on the backwater for a week and plan to fish every day the weather will allow. The Mrs. is really excited as she seems to catch a lot of fish. I plan to take chicken livers, garlic scented shrimp, crawlers and minnows. If anybody has any suggestions for other types of bait let me know. I plan to post any photos of cats or northern pike we get while we are there.
    I will post a couple of the flyers RLM supplied at the local shops hoping to draw a few more people to this site.
    Tight lines to all
    eyeguy

2. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    If you can stand the mess and smell, Sonny's dipbait on a dip worm has worked well for me. Side by side with small live bluegill, I have gotten better results from the Sonny's, more bites and more fish, but I know I am not going to catch a really big one on the dipbait, more likely with the bluegill, so I usually put out both. Last Saturday I got a 5.6 lb channel on the Sonny's in my local lake (my avatar picture), my biggest with it yet. I always have trouble keeping the small bluegill away from nightcrawlers, but you never know what you might catch with them. But only channel cats mess with the Sonny's. Those other baits sound like winners too. Good luck!

3. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Thanks for the advise, I have never seen Sonnys Dipbait before. Is it something you order or do you find it at a tackle shop? If I can find it (or make it if it is a recipe from the library) and let you know how it does.
    Thanks again
    Mike

4. jonny7344

jonny7344 New Member

State:
    michigan
    look on ebay. There are plenty of diffrent brands of dipbait/(SINKNAITS.)

search catfish bait, It has worked for me in the past but i couldint deal with that smell in the car on the ride home. MAN that stuff stinks