go'in bassin' this morn'n

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Swampfox., Aug 1, 2009.

1. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    headed to a new bass spot on bayou desaird. this bayou runs right thru monroe and is bysected by a road in several places. in some spots the corps of engineers have these lift station areas. a concrete structure with a steel door and a motorized screw drive to close and open the gate and regulate water thru a six foot dia pipe. i have found these areas to be perfect place for some bank bassin. you can catch a limit some days, and never move from one place. when the gate is open the fishin is hot and fast. the bass love to ambush anything that you throw. when the gate is closed it is a little slower, but still productive. went out to this new place i found the other day and caught four. wasnt there long cause i had casey with me and i was alittle nervous about havin him there. so i am goin back today by myself. had to get off the cats for a moment, was getting a little frustrated with the bite, thought a change was in order. will post progress when i get back.

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Let us know how you did.

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    dude you got a twin, his name is tncatpro, u know him? formerly know as Ohcatfishermanaj. i swear you could be brothers. ...... whats really goin on?

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Long story.. I am the Aj. Big mess.. not gonna discuss it. Add me if ya like Got a new account gotta start off fresh.

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    keep your head up brother, wasnt sure if this a multipul personality thang or not. glad to see that its not.

6. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    was a humid morning, 95% humidity. the bass were runnin threadfin shad. missed one on an x-rap, then caught this little one later on. left sooner than i had planned. i was to dang humid. came home to my 65 degree ac,:wink:

Attached Files:

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Getting Good at that Picture Posting stuff,Put the camera on your WDM list to take some pictures of the new members and their fish.

8. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I know where you are coming from. That humidity takes the want to out
    of you fast.

9. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    dang matt, that's a good looking bass hole. i love bass fishing but aint got anywhere close by to fish. looks like a pond hopper would be ideal in that bayou. yea top, since most of us catfishermen can't read those pictures are what get us by.

10. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i didnt even stop by my normal place. there are about five of these stations that have a gate. i swear, when the gates are open. you can stand in one spot and never move ane still catch a limit. this is what that gate looks like, and this one is closed. thats why the bite was slow. but when they onpen it, look out.

Attached Files:

11. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Thanks for the pics. Keep posting your reports.

12. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    saw a post made the other day that got me thinkin about this bass hole i like to hit. was a good day. wifes step brother was in town and wanted me to take him fishin for some bass. so i took him to my secret spots. caught several with a nice 6 lbs er. to top off the morn. heres some pictures of the setup and the catch, enjoy.

Attached Files:

13. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    some more pics.

Attached Files:

14. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    heres the nice one, lookin at this picture now i realize that i should have put something next to it to give idea of size. does take up whole cooler bottom.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  15. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Nice fish and a great looking fishing hole.

16. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
  17. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    this is a place i love to hit at certain times of the year. when there is a good current going though that pipe, the bass stack up and are agressive. crankbaits series 200 or lipless cranks shad imitation will most definatly land a bass. one thing about it is there is alot of structure as well. if you notice the tree that leaning in, i got about $35.oo in baits in that tree. you can bet a fat baby's butt im cuttin them limbs with a hand saw and retriving my bait. i wont get into the ones lost on under water cypress knees. inspite of the losses, i love this spot. its simple and easy to read.

18. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    weather is mild today, very pleasant. tempted to go back today. for those that missed check out pics above.

19. festus

festus New Member

Wow, Matt, I like the looks of that spot. As mentioned in the other thread, it is similar, except the one I'm talking about has no lift stations and it's more of a highland lake. I haven't done as well as you have on the bass in my spot this year, but usually get some nice ones in there.

What other species are in there?

20. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i have found three stations like this around town. where the bayou goes under the streets. what i love about it that if i wanna stop and fish and dont have alot of time, or dont have time to pull a boat somewhere. i can just go to one of these spots. quick and easy. always a productive area.