Goen to bagnel sat morn

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Welder, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gona be on the bank its a bait trip. Wife and kidds gona fish for whites and crappie. An me I am gona trash some castnets shad killen. Goen for shad guts since they seem to be thick up there this year. If any one is up there. I will be on the bank netten, slicen and rippen. And if ya want some I am more than happy to net ya 100 to rip. The bite here in gasconade area is about dead for blues thye spawnen now and high swift water makes flat fishen a rough prospect. On a good note we hit a spot today :wink: Seth and tore up perch and the like nice change of pace. Putten up the shad guts for later sandbar fishen for lil cats when the water ever drops down some lol. Plannen on fillen 10 sandwich size bags, getting a few skips and a cooler load of whites.:wink:

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I hope to see ya up there tomorrow. I would love to meet ya so ya can show me how to catch some fish later on.

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We got 6 nice green fish and whites. And the 30 lb bighead lol, I got one to about 20 and hooked a few more. Filled half a cooler with shad, arg strippen shad is pain but them guts is worth it later. Let me know if ya got on any cats and if ya went down to the quarry hole.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Pretty slow day for us. We caught 7 channels up to 5.5 lbs, two drum about 4 lbs, and one really long spoony that probably only weighed 35 pounds. Got the spoon on 14 pound test so it was fun. Had to tie a life jacket to the anchor line and unhook it from the boat and then go chase him down before he spooled me! We lost two nice fish that pulled off while fighting. Not sure if they were catfish or spoonbill or what. Lots of bites, but only a few were big enough to get those 8/0 circle hooks in there mouths I guess.

Oh yea the spoon had a 14/0 treble in his side from somebody breaking him off in snagging season. My hook was caught on that big treble hook.