God's Wisdom

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by ponykilr, Apr 1, 2006.

1. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i just wanted to brag on my daughters fishing skills and to show you all a pic of the little girl that changed mine and angie's life.

we were childless after 12 years of marriage and had all but given up hope. erica is a 10yr old little girl that started walking to church on sundays. we all became friends. she was from a home that was in turmoil and was not being treated and reared like a child should be.

my wife had said a few times to me "wouldnt it be great if they would just let erica come stay with us". me and my cynical self said "honey, people dont give away children". let me tell you all something, God answers prayer.
    this past october, erica was allowed to live with us, and december, we sued for permanet custody and won.

so many things fell into place, so many things that each one could be called a miracle. we are so blessed. i just wanted to share a little of our story with you all. and this year, when you see me on the river......erica will be right there. she is my new partner.

[​IMG]

2. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Praise GOD what a very special blessing from the LORD for both of you, ain't God good---I think it is wonderful that you were able to give her a good Christian home. So many people don't want to bring old children into there homes but I think that those that are older have a special need that GOD asks of us to fulfil, I pray that your family will be blessed like never before.

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    So many say they want to adopt but only want babies. May God Bless you for taking the gift he presented. Now you have a wonderful daughter and a fishing buddy. A gift that will last a lifetime.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Great to see That theres people that knows Prayers do work.And GOD is a mighty GOD a caring, loving, GOD. Also good to see when a family see a child being misteated and they do somthing about instead of just laying back and watching it happen. Congrats on being on of those caring familys I pray that GOD will bless your family.

5. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    God Bless you guys prayer does work Just don't forget who created this earth and the fish that we fish for

6. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    God Bless all three of you.

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Paul,

What an AWESOME blessing and testimony!!!! GOD is AWESOME, and with GOD, NOTHING is impossible. I am so happy to know that he has blessed you and your wife with this young lady. He has also blessed her with the love of a couple who can love her like their own. I wish you many wonderful encounters on and off the water. May life be an adventure for the three of you.

8. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    dude...all i can say is that is awesome. as the song states "Our God is an Awesome God"!!

9. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Paul you and your wife are GREAT people! I hope Erica knows how lucky she is to have you all in her life. :) :) :)

10. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    It is so awesome to find a website like this one where the people are willing to openly speak about God/Jesus & what He's done & is doing in their lives.
    Most other websites i've frequented the people have mostly been anti-theists; this is so refreshing!

God bless you & your wife for doing such a wonderful thing for that beautiful little girl!

Eric

11. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thanks for all the good replies. i didnt do it for praise, just to give Him the glory for working a miracle in my life.

i have met a lot of you guys on the water, but i feel like i know you all.

those of you that will, pray for us. it has been an adjustment for us all, but we have a house full of love. pray that i will be a good dad, i am new to all this and i know i make some mistakes.

she makes me want to be a better man, puts a lot of previous priorities in their proper place too.

see ya'll on the water

paul

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Awesome post! Congratulations and God Bless!

13. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    one more pic

[​IMG]

14. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    She's a very pretty little girl, going to have to fight the young men away when she's a little older. Congrats again.

15. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    well, thanks for giving me the heebie jeebies harvrad:crying:

right now, she loves anything outdoors. she is a fishing fanatic. almost every day she's wantin' to wet a hook somewhere. she twists my arm and i go;)

she loves hiking, backpacking , camping, fishing and wants to go to the dealership with me on the 1 sat a month i have to work. seems to love being in the shop with the other techs and really enjoys being there.
    i dont know if she will take to hunting, we will see.

i sold my boat to help fund the custody proceedings, so we are needing another one. she reminds me every day how bad we need our own boat. my brother in law is awesome though, we just ride with him and he loves her as much as i do.

boys beware, i am gonna be a tough one to impress.:mad:

16. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    A BIG :thumbsup: Brother, GOD BLESS..............

17. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    ONE LITTLE UPDATE! report cards came out yesterday. erica has been steadily improving her grades, but yesterday she brought home an honor roll report card.
    she has gone from failing everything in sept. before she came to us, to super grades. we are so proud of her.:)

18. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    What an awesome post Paul. It takes special people to take on an older child. Most want the infants and the older children often get left out.

My prayer is that God continue to bless the 3 of you (as He does anyone that allows Him to) and that you remain thankful for those blessings. Yes our God is an awesome God and through Him all things are possible.

Your latest update says a lot. If your daughter wasn't happy she wouldn't have hit that honor roll status on the report card. Y'all are doing great!

Sure there will be adjustments and mistakes will be made but so long as you keep love in your heart and God in your lives, everything will go as its meant to.

19. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Paul,

The smile on her face in that second picture says it all. It says "I love You", "I'm so happy", "I'll forgive your mistakes", and "Thank you"

20. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Paul, I don't think you should have any worries about being a good dad, you have already shown that you have a good heart and lots of love to give. Thank God for giving you and your wife the privilege of raising this little one as your own and for giving her loving parents. She is just a little doll and she will always treasure all the fishing trips and all the times spent with her to show your love everyday.