God has given me his blessing-but fishing is second

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by GETHOOKED, May 22, 2007.

1. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    Az catmen, I must hang my rods up for the next couple of months due to God's grace. My wife and I have been tring to adopt a child to add to our family for over 2 yrs now, and by God's grace, this Friday we will have our new son, and your newest BOC member. He is 2 and has a rough childhood. He plan on saturation him with love and understanding, and a little stink bait!!! But he will need our undivided attention for the next couple of months, so I have offically hung up the gear-for the greater good. Please keep the posts and stories coming-because I will be living through you guys. I wouldnt miss fishing for much, but this one takes the cake. Andy, Anakin, and Antonio--Keep the dream alive!! Iknow I can count on you guys to keep the lines wet and the drags screamin!! TO all the new comers, best of luck and hope to cross paths with you come fall.

He is the lastes picture of my son-4 and our newest son-2

2. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Hey GETHOOKED! Good lookin kids. Take care of your family. There's nothing more important. Take care.

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    in my opinion, only thing more important than fishing is the family. bless you on the adoption. make that little angel a happy fisherman. so many just "say" they want to help kids, you've done it. i'm 58, single with 10 grandkids and can't adopt or i would.
    gary

4. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congratulations brother. May God bless you and you're family.

5. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good Job, Matt. We'll be praying for you. I'm sure you'll raise him up right.
    God Bless You.

6. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    May his blessings grace you and your families! You are doing an amazing thing brother and I admire you and yours!

Praying for you, your family and your next couple of months!
    :big_smile:

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I'm VERY PROUD to call You a Brother Matt!!! J.D.:big_smile:

8. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Way to go matt, GOD has really blessed you my friend...

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Matt im sure with your love and care your two boys will grow up to be good men. Teach your boys to fish at a early age and youll have fishing partners for life.:smile2:

10. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Make sure you teach them how to fish!! I kno that's gotta be hard hangin up the rods. It would take a lot for me to do that!

11. JackieV

JackieV New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Those are some sweet little boys.. They will be very happy with you and your wife.. Beautiful family.. Keep us posted.

12. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    We can appreciate a guy who has his priorities straight! We also appreciate that your absence will leave a few bigs ones for the rest of us!:lol:. If you can't be on the water here's a suggestion: Go rent a DVD copy of Captains Courageous with Spencer Tracy- Best fishing/adopted son movie ever!

Via con Dios!

13. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    That is great, congratulations on your new son. The rivers and lakes will always be there when your ready to get back, maybe with some more fishing partners.

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    theres no better way to raise a couple kids than taking them fishing every chance you get.you may not be able to go after the big ones for a while but them boys will love going bream fishing.good luck and god bless for being a man.

15. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Congratulations on the adoption. I see so many people out there with kids that have no business having them. It sounds like that boy will be raised right. Just a note, My girlfriend has a 2 year old son whose father abandoned him before birth. I picked up a spiderman life vest and pole and took him out to Canyon a month ago. I hooked him into a couple carp, set the drag real low so he could hear it running and the boy hasn't been able to stop talking about it since.

Good luck and God Bless

Micah

16. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Congrats on the addition to the family.. I sincerely admire you for what you are doing..

Can Somebody Rep this man!!!!

* I will toss out an extra line just for you bud.

17. Desrthorn

Desrthorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Congratulations man! I bet you will have those boys on a fishing trip before you know it! Looking forward to taking my daughter on her first trip next year - shes a little to young now.