GOBBLE "BOBBY FILLET" GOBBLE

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ozzy, Nov 21, 2008.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Alright whats your favorite turkey cooking styles? Spill them out for others that burn water. Heres Mine. I steep some fresh thyme, rosemary and sage and frigerate the liquid for a brine. Now for the brine, one cup of kosher salt per gallon of water. I adjust this all for a 20 pound bird and soak for bout 18-20 hours before the oven.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Mike ,All those and a lil beer,cyanne ,garlic,salt,white pepper, and the rest is the same,I brine in an ice chest overnite ,then it's SMOKIN!!!

3. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    thaw it, garlic powder and old bay it, put in electric roaster, pour juices on it a couple times dureing cooking.:smile2: we fry em and smokem on occasions but the roaster is just as good without any extra work cuz its gettin harder and harder for me to get around :sad2: :big_smile::cool2:

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    we've been brining ours for about 3 years now and we love it that way... We do bout what Ozzy has up there but add oranges and lemons to it, and some thyme and other seasoning.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Mike get 4 sticks of butter (1 lbs) and preferably a freshly killed Turkey but you can do this with a frozen also.

Little bit of Salt/Pepper/Garlic mixed with each stick of butter
    1 Stick of butter under the skin on each breast
    1 stick of butter in the cavity
    1 stick of butter around the outside of the bird

Put the Bird breast down and pour in 2 cans of Chicken broth with Garlic cloves in it and 2 cans of broth without.

Cook at 350 for about 4 hours or so and take out. The meat will fall of the bone when you try to take it out so watch out (this happens with a fresh I dont know about frozen)

For the last 8 years we have been using fresh cause the taste is much better and the meat is alot better its more expensive but worth it IMO.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    We do the same as you Ozzy with the exception of steeping the herbs first, and we also cut citrus fruit up and add to the brine. It's the juiciest turkey i've ever eat. I do enjoy deep fryed birds also.

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    My traditional Thanksgiving meal is stuffed shells, I love that pasta !!!!!!!

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Deep fried turkey Marinade for about 5 hours. Good !!!

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I gotta tell ya I brine too! lol I do citrus and rosemary. Listen folks, it doesn't matter how you cook it, brining is the way to go..:wink: