Goat scarin

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by River_monster91, Jul 1, 2007.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well fer dose of ya who own goats or know somebudy whos got a few of dese horned critters i gotta pretty fun pastime for dem late summer nights.

soon as ya read this yer gonna wander where and why i got this idear and i got it cuz when i was sittin in the outhouse takin care of some business about a horse dem dare crazy ol' goats would jump up on dat outhouse trying ta eat the leaves off dem tree branches that grew over da outhouse...now let me tell ya a 50 pound goat jumpin onta an outhouse really scares the bajezes outa a guy

first off yea gotta find a way to make alot of noise or a really loud noise dat aint gunna hurt a goat. my favorite method is to get a box of waterproof firecrakers.

next ya gotta sneak up on a goat and light dat dare firecracker and throw it right beside that goat. then ya might wanna get up a tree or somewhere they dont getcha.

soon as dat firecracker goes off them goats ill be skared silly and start runnin into da fence and fallin inta holes and whatnot, but be shore not ta be on da ground cuz dem horns dont feel good when ya got dem goats comin after ya.

my favorite meathed of scarin them goats is when they are ontopa the chicken coop then them suckers jump off like they sprouted some chicken wings...

just thought yall would enjoy this here idear...wouldent wanna go to a goatfarmers house to try it either cuz them dare farmers have a tendancy to shoot first and ask questions later

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS

Can I get Back The 2mins of my life I wasted reading this Post.

3. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    no you cant get back the 2 min. you wasted em its ur fault you read the thing lol

4. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    well this was mine and my friends idea....lol we do go goat scaring....he just thought it would be funny to post the story...so if your gonna reply dont talk trash

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    If your going to share those kinds of stories then take that trash to a 'goat scare'n" forum..........this would be the catfishing site. :wink:

6. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    have ya tried them goats as bait ? yeehaa

7. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Donnie....thanks for the laugh..it was funny. Its always good to hear a youngen talkin bout healthy fun instead of doin drugs and other stuff like that....I agree with the others, this probably would have been better placed in a different forum like general convo. You may have had better responses to it. On the otherhand, to those who "wasted their 2 minutes" by reading it...grow up...you wasted just as much time respondin in a rude manner when you could have saved your 2 minutes and passed it up. Give the kid a break. Hense the old addage, "If you cant say nothing nice, dont say anything at all." I guarantee as a newbie in the past, you werent all that sure of where to place everyone of your posts before either. Encourage our kids, dont put them down.

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Yea What she said :eek:oooh:

9. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    LOL just remember dem goats will sneak up on you one day!!:crazy::eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I disagree with you both.I have owned and raised Goats.I have killed and butchered stock.I ain;t a vegetarian or animal worshiper."I am trying to give the kid a break" and trying to save his butt.I believe it is wrong to do or encourage destruction of others property and very livelihood.Also to encourage others to commit felonies.I think so.I believe you have the best of intentions.I hope you just don;t have enough information about what you are saying or doing.Please let me tell you what I believe from being raised in a farming environment.What is fun to you is the deliberate and reckless endangerment and often destruction of a persons property and possibly livelihood.Goats and Sheep (which are a type of goat) are notorious for panicking and hurting themselves when frighten.Broken necks,legs,ribs,internal injuries,aborting of unborn fetuses,smothering in pileups and death are often the result of such fright.Goats are raised for the same reason that Cattle are.They are livestock.I was young.I often did things to hurt others out of ignorance.We all did.There is no excuse though if you know the truth or refuse to learn it.Please check it out with your local Sheriffs department,local or state agriculture department,or your local farmers.You can be legally shot in many states by a farmer defending his stock.Is it worth risking death while committing a felony for fun?Our prisons are full of people that think such things are fun.Others may be paying dearly for this fun.I was young once.I am a father and a grandfather.This is what I would say to my children and grandchildren with love and concern.Please do not do such a thing and please do not encourage others to do so.Young men should be encouraged to go scare and intimidate the local bully,if they have to scare something.At least something that takes a little courage.Any little kid can scare a goat if they want to.I do not believe that the young man knows the consequences of what he is doing.Peoples lives and futures are at stake here.I care about him.I have done the same type of things when I did not know.Please check out what I have told you.Thanks for reading my beliefs and reasons for thinking like I do.I love you brothers and Sisters.peewee

11. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Donnie....thanks for the laugh..it was funny. Its always good to hear a youngen talkin bout healthy fun instead of doin drugs and other stuff like that....

Mr. Williams...If I have touched a nerve with you on this I apologize. From a farming standpoint I understand your feelings. If the first part of my comment is what you picked up on most, then you by far totally missed the true intent of it. We all do things in our youth that in retrospect thru the years we discover may not have the best of decisions to make. Thats what makes us all human. The real emphasis was meant to be on the latter part of the post.

I agree with the others, this probably would have been better placed in a different forum like general convo. You may have had better responses to it. On the otherhand, to those who "wasted their 2 minutes" by reading it...grow up...you wasted just as much time respondin in a rude manner when you could have saved your 2 minutes and passed it up. Give the kid a break. Hense the old addage, "If you cant say nothing nice, dont say anything at all." I guarantee as a newbie in the past, you werent all that sure of where to place everyone of your posts before either. Encourage our kids, dont put them down.

Its always easier to point the finger and put down someone else than it is to point the finger back at one's own self and find flaws in that. And to make a rude comment on something that could have been passed up in the beginning was what I was getting at. Nobody forces anyone to read a post, one does it on their own accord. And to be harsh about wasting their time was uncalled for, especially since they have control of their own pc and mouse.

12. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I got a pretty good laugh out of that post, Donnie. And the dialect fit the personality..lol Leslie...I have to agree with ya on your post. No call for that kinda s***. And it's good to hear he's doin' that, than other stuff... kids will be kids, and boys will be boys. I know I would've done it at his age, if I'd have known about it. BUT I also agree with peewee's post. Which is the very reason I've never been cow tippin'. Messing up somebody's livelihood is wrong. But, if you scare an old billy goat in the middle of a pasture to where you're not taking away a possible crop, I don't see a thing wrong with it. Me and my buddies snuck into a hay meadow next to some farmer's house one night, and rolled big round hay bales over eachother. To make a long story short, the farmer come out there with a spotlight. Still don't know how we got out of that, without getting caught. But the point being: we weren't causing any damage and we still almost bit off more than we could chew. So be careful, little buddy. He might've thought we were setting fire to his bales...who knows? If it was me that owned a place and seen some dumb kids scaring my billy goats or rolling hay bales over eachother, I'd just laugh and go back to watching "Anne of Green Gables" on the tv.... The rule I tried to closely follow, and stuck with VERY well, is if it's hurting somebody, don't do it...if it could hurt you...just that much more glory in completion...(depending on how bad of course..don't gamble with a life!) Ya just gotta remember, Donnie, there's some people out there that are blood thirsty and with a chip on their shoulder. Some around here, if you shoot a deer and it runs on their place, then you might aswell leave it for the coyotes...it ain't worth dieing over. I'd leave those kind of people alone..lol You're not stupid Donnie...You're dumb as I was or maybe I should say still am. But you're not stupid. So just use your common sense and best judgement. And hope to god you get lucky, 'cause if you're anything like I was, you're gonna be needin' a little. Take care, Donnie! And keep us posted on your latest excursions...just write them as fiction stories so nobody will get their panties in a wad. See ya 'round the forums!

-Red

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke

I Didnt think LES was encouraging him to go scare a goat or anyone. We all have done crazy things he was just sharing it like a lot of others have on here and for people to jump on him was wrong that the mods JOB. I am sure they will deal with it if they feel its wrong to post it here.

Remember where not only a catfish site where a family and family shares things with each other storys to be one of the main ones.

14. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    It was dead with just 2 posts, wonder who woke the sleeping dog(see posts 3 and 4)??

Bark, bark, bark, grrrrrrr, pant, pant, bark, bow wow!!

A funny story my Lab just told me about chasing rabbits.........in perfect dialect:wink:. It's good he's out there chasing rabbits, lots of 4 year old Labs are on the street at that age.........sarcasm!!!!

Guess we all find humor in different things, I thought Shelby's reply very funny. So funny I even gave him rep. points for making me spew ceral on my computer screen. I suppose one man's trash is another man's treasure. Oh yeah, just checked my panties..........you'll be happy to know there not in a wad:big_smile:.

You all be safe on the upcoming Holiday.

15. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Appreciate the mochary...really...I do. Because with that, and the simple fact that you're 44 years old, proves to all of us that some people never grow up...So why hassle a 16 year old kid for bein'...I dunno...a kid? When you're an over-aged one yourself. Didn't think his post was funny, just move on to the next. No need for put-downs, bud. And it really doesn't matter that you thought Shelby's post was funny. I hope you two get along good enough that you have to clean your computer screen EVERY day... The whole point to my whopping two sentence speach to people like you, is to not put a kid down. (Some people might think it as rude..just some food for thought) It's like Leslie and Herb were trying to say...We're not encouraging him to be a CONVICT... We're not encouraging him to spook goats... We JUST thought it was funny. And what you said, wrong. But I do sincerely apologize if THIS post does offend you or any goat friends, I'm so sure you possess. And you also have a safe holiday!!! :big_smile:

P.S.--if you REALLY have a problem with your dog chasing rabbits, cripple him. As that's what dogs were born to do...know what I mean?

-Red

16. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Actually I was more than happy to let that post just slide off into never never land..........but somebody else just couldn't let it go. Why didn't Donny just let Shelby's opinion just slide? I've never meet Shelby, so I doubt we'll be doing very much ceral spewage.

Would you actually cripple a dog because it chases rabbits? Did I ever say I had a problem with my dog chasing rabbits?

Mockery..........use a spell checker(get it).

I'm going to have a great holiday. Will probably go lit fireworks with the kids.........young at heart and all that stuff(get it).:smile2:

17. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Would YOU let a post like that slide? Apparantly not, since you didn't let anybody else's... I know I wouldn't. That dog comment was pointless...I'm sure even you could understand what I was getting at. And please don't use the spell checker insult when you didn't even spell cereal right....atleast I think that's what you were trying to say...Have fun with the kids, bud.

-Red

18. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    It was deeper than the spell check thing:crazy:

19. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I have an idea, if you want to talk to someone about their post being irresponsible or immature etc, maybe you could PM them and do it politely instead of in public. No one will likely listen to the wisdom in that kind public rebuke but might if you take the time to do it tactfully in private. JMHO

PS. It was kinda funny. Ever watch the fainting goats on YouTube? Very Funny.

20. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    oh a much ligthter note ............ any of u guys or gals know where a fellow could buy a fainting goat????..... they are hard to come by around here ...... misipy....