Goals and PB's to break??

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Feb 28, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was just curious as to what goals some of you have set out for this year and what PB you plan to focus the most on.

I myself would Like to beat my PB Blue of #38
    and goal is I would Like up my Flathead numbers from last year.. It was my slowest year...

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I just want to be able to fish more this year and hopefully catch a whale.

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Not from Indiana- But here in Arkansas I look to break my PB on blues of 36# and PB on Flathead os 12#

4. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm looking to break my flathead pb and looking for wife to catch her pb:smile2::cool2:

5. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have some big goals for the year, I have a 65lb blue to beat and a 40lb flattie to beat. If I beat either of them I think it'll be the flattie, but it'd be nice to best them both. I think I better find some bigger water than the Bash if I'm gonna have a chance though. Best of luck to everyone though, I hope y'all catch the big one. Tight lines!

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I had a goal last year of a blue to go over 30 lb. Well I broke it with an 81 lb. Now this year I have goal a 100 plus:eek:oooh:. I doubt that will ever happen but why not set a goal high.

Tom

7. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    My goal is to see my wife catch a whopper of a catfish this year. She was doin good last yr. w/ a few channels at the 10# mark. I'd like to see her hook into a 15#+ fish. I myself wanna beat my 65# Blue. Not too mention, I'd love to hook into another if not bigger Sturgeon.

8. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My goal for 09 is to take cattin more seriously and become more of a tactical angler when it comes to cats, both blue and flats. I been doin alot of studying and research, paying more attention to the more experienced anglers tips. I hope to get my confidence and ability level up to the point this year to where I can fish tournaments and be competitive.
    Break my PB 25# blue.
    Break my PB 21# flat.

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    im at the end cant catch anything bigger in catfish. last season i caught a 200#blue a 80# channel and a 150# flathead dont think i can top those. ring ring ring whats hu oh im typing in my sleep again sorry guys. lol

i never think of goals. i guess im not a striver just a survivor. as long as i can still fish ill be happy.

10. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    wel id definately like to break my PB's.... blue is set pretty high at 72 lbs, but my flattie PB is around 17 or so..

bnorth, momma not letting you attend? im going to have my girl with me.. we just got confirmation she is 3 mos pregnant... bring yours with ya, well let them get together and keep each other company...

11. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    well id definately like to break my PB's.... blue is set pretty high at 72 lbs, but my flattie PB is around 17 or so..

bnorth, momma not letting you attend? im going to have my girl with me.. we just got confirmation she is 3 mos pregnant... bring yours with ya, well let them get together and keep each other company...

12. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    well id definately like to break my PB's.... blue is set pretty high at 72 lbs, but my flattie PB is around 17 or so..

13. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey kyleco my wife is coming with:cool2:

14. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    wow, i wasnt sure anyone heard me... lol i posted 3 times?? i couldnt get the site to agree with me last night.. it was letting me add posts to other threads but not this one.. i went out, posted on another, then came back an tried again.. 3 times i guess.. still wouldnt show up last night so i went to bed
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

sorry guys

15. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol, the wife probably wouldn't care. I work as a manager at an independant garden center, and the RP gathering is at the peak of our season. I'll be putting in 55-60 hours, 6 days a week at the time. I really doubt if I'll be able to manage a weekend off. I hope to make it to some other gatherings after Memorial Day when we go to our (shorter) summer hours.

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have NO CLUE what my pb Flathead is... I do know there are flatheads in my lake that eat the baby Canadian gooslings in the spring.... man thats weird to see - and I've seen it a few times.
    I have caught 'em big enough to have to stick my arm all the way down to my shoulder to reach the hook in order to get it out, and still havent been able to get to some deeper down.
    I've caught some pretty darn big ol channels also... but I have NEVER owned scales and up until last year, never toted a camars with me,,, and I still forget it more often then not. lol maybe I'll break down a get some scales this year, but I'll probably leave them by the camera.... I'm not much of a bragger anyway, so I could care less.

17. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    dont worry Ben we will have one in the fall again for us northern cats. ask your mom if i can have another jar of that salsa stuff for me k. :wink: ill bring her jar back to trade in on it. lol

18. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    HEY BEN ! that reminds me I'm gonna need some more mulch in a few weeks:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    :dribble:I've caught plenty of really nice channels, some small blues, and flatheads, and am really gonna try to target big blues I've seen the videos and heard the stories, and I can't take it anymore. Gotta get me a one.

20. bgmik1313

bgmik1313 New Member

State:
    indiana
    My goal is to be able to fish alot this year. We have a newbaby at home now, so I want to take care of her and be able to fish with my 2 boys.