Go to the "MARINAS"

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by BIG GEORGE, Nov 16, 2006.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Unfortunately this will only help those that are near salt water accessable marinas. Lots of fishermen come in after thier day on the bay or out in the ocean and clean thier fish rite there at the tables at the marina. Things like croakers,weakfish, and flounder. Take yourself a big plastic trash bag and a cooler. Gather up any and all carcasses that they are willin to part with. Some keep em for crabbin and what not, but the vast majority of them just toss em in the water for the birds to eat. With a minimum of effort these carcasses can be trimmed down to where you will have a nice meaty bloody gut pocket that will drive cats nuts. I just started doin it this past season and I can tell you its one hell of an effective bait. Its free,its plentifull and it works fine.

2. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    you know your right i,ve been doing that for years. I clean alot of my own fish , and keep all the guts for my chum bags at my dock and out in my river. i take the heads and put them in gunny sack and beat them with a hammer and hang that over the side of the boat. (Gunny sack or burlap bag) there the same lol (old timer here) lol... i also put the guts in there to. works great. Thanks for bringing that up./

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i find the marinas along the ohio are the best place to castnet shad and on ocasion you can get skipjacks when the water is muddy they cant see the cast net to out run it . iv kept my catfish scraps and used them as bait and done fairly well , fish eat fish even their own kind

4. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    thats a good tip thanks big george

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Is that how you do it? I knew you had a trick! LOL:big_smile: