Go To Monroe, NOW!

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SkiMax, Apr 28, 2006.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Hey everybody. In the past 30 hours i've spent 19 on Monroe crappie fishing. It's incredible. Best I've ever seen. We kept 22 fish today, all over 11 inches. They are KILLING Crappie Beavers. Green on an orange jig head seems to be our best. We were trolling for them today and we also caught a 3 pound largemouth and a 6 pound walleye. We are trolling 8-10 foot of water about 4-5 feet deep. Good luck everybody!!!

2. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I don't live that far away from Monroe but I have never fished there. What are the water temps there. Wondering if the crappie have spawned yet. Since you said you were trolling I am guessing that they have not. I have also heard some good things about the catfishing there. Any tips on some good places to try. About the only place I have been on Monroe is the 446 causeway.
    Mike

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I wish I didn't live so far away from there.

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    The water temp is right around 64. They have not spawned yet but are ready. My favorite spot to fish from bank is right next to the causeway. Turn off 446 at the causeway but keep going. You will go past the boat ramps, just keep going. You will get all the way to the end and there is a place called Pleasure Kraft Boat Rentals. They have put alot of trees and such under the docks. They do not allow fishing but I went one day and struck up a conversation with the old guy that owns it and then asks real nice and now I fish it alot. There is also a public fishing pier there but you can not get onto it right now because of the high water.

5. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Went down to Monroe today. Fished from PLeasure Kraft boat rentals at cutright. Caught a TON of crappie, no size today though. Our biggest was around 11 inches and our average was 7 or so. But they are there. Caught them on crappie beavers and red body/yellow tail tube jigs. My buddy was killing them on rooster tails too.