Go Mountaineers!!!

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by MattShannon, Oct 28, 2006.

1. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Thursday is the BIG GAME. WVU#4 vs. Louisville#6. Good luck Kentucky, but no offense, I hope you loose. I do think the winner of this game will go to Rose Bowl (if USC looses one[hopefully]). Gotta root against ya Cardinals, but if you prevail, I'll root for you in the Bowl. Go Big East!! I know the Cards will be out for blood after what the EERs did to them last year (1 of the biggest 4th quarter comebacks in history). Crossing my fingers you get your revenge another day, not now.

2. Chris54WVa

Chris54WVa New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    :0a27: I am also a WVU fan,and hope that they play in the big game this year.A couple of things needs to happen,in order for them to,but hey anything is possible. Ga need to beat Fla today,and a few other strange upsets and they will have their chance. Go Eer's:big_smile: :0a24:

3. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Yep. Right now I'm trying not to look to far ahead, although hard to do. Let's just hope they get through this week. WVU fans can't be any happier with Coach RR. He's a football mastermind. He tells you exactly what he's gonna do to ya and still wins. You know what's coming, you just don't know when and where.

4. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Well Matt You Got Your Wish, Usc Got Upset By The Mighty Beavers And I Wish Your Mountaineers Luck But It Doesn't Matter If Wvu Or Louisville Wins They Nor Any Other Team Will Beat Ohio State For The National Championship. I'm Not A Buckeyes Fan, I Really Don't Like Them But They Are Very Talented This Year. Troy Smith Is Very Good. I'm A Notre Dame Fan, So I Hope Your Mountaineers Or Whoever Play Ohio State For The National Championship Because I Predict Whoever Plays Osu Will Lose. So I'd Rather The Irish Play In One Of The Other Three Bcs Bowls And At Least Have A Chance To Win Then Play In The Rose Knowing That They're Going To Lose.

5. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    That's a fair statment, and I'll accept that. No one thought the Mountaineers would win the Sugar Bowl either. 24-0 in 1st qt and then 38-35 final. Luck or not, I'll hope for the best again.

6. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    should be a good game tonoght.i'm a buckeyes fan so i dont really care who wins we got are own big game in a couple of weeks.the way the bcs is setup anything can still happen.but wvu should control their destiny. osu will beat michigan and that should put wvu there if they win out.but some experts are saying if the osu michigan is a classic they could play it again for the championship.as far as i'm concerned we can spank em and play sombody else for the title but i guess one game at a time and see what happens

7. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I do think OSU is better then Michigan; thus, I would think WVU would have a chance against the Wolverines in a National Championship. I also think there would be a rematch for the title only if Michigan beat (upset) OSU, putting Michigan 1 and Ohio 2. If Ohio wins, Michagan will fall past #2. Just my guess.

1 hour til kickoff

8. chattycatty

chattycatty New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hard to root for the Mountaineers when the Cardinals aren't 30 miles away.:lol: :lol: It was Black Thursday at my work today. :lol: :lol: My boss has season tickets and will be at the game tonight. Should be a good one..... but very, very cold! :lol:

9. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Yea, it'll be interesting to see what the stadium looks like when everyone will be wearing black. They told all the WVU fans to wear gold instead of blue, that way they stand out. Sound like a Steelers stadium in the making.

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    So far so good for Da Ville, but last year keeps popping up in my mind. GO CARDS!!!

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Saw the last half man did they could not get it going sorry to hear about that WVU fans.

12. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    WVU looked like a high school team with all those turnovers, take the turnovers away and maybe they have a shot but even then they prolly would have still lost. Man I at least was hoping for a good game it really didn't matter to me who won. Im a UVA fan so take that for what's its worth (not much really).

Wheelmobile07

13. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    latnight showed me that West Virginia could never hang with any physical team in the country,they were getting beat up on every play and they could hold on to the ball at all when they got hit and they wasnt ever getting hit that hard.its a good thing they lost because they would have been beaten badly if they made it to Glendale in January

14. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Well, it's in the record books now, no title game this year. But really, the chances of making it to that game is one in how many ever feakin 1A teams there are out there. That said, I'm still happy with my team and how far they've come over recent years. Many non WVU fans need to remember they did win the Sugar Bowl last year, and that's saying a lot. A great team played bad and got beat by another great team. It's hard to go undefeated that long. Maybe that's what they needed for next year. White and Slaton are still sophmores and that's the first game they've started and lost. They won a BCS bowl as freshmen, so I would'nt say they can't hang with the big dogs. I hope their D improves and I think it will, because the 2ndary is a freshman squad for the most part. For now, I hope Louisville makes it to the big game, that would help both the Mountaineers and the Big East.