go here and read this for a laugh

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by bw69r, Apr 10, 2009.

1. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    go to the ramblings thread in general conversation and go to page 14 post number 66. this is workmans comp at its finest and will show you what i have been putting up with.

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    sorry but i guess i just needed to vent.

3. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Its absolutely ridiculous.

Im not tryin to highjack your thread Brian, but this is kinda in the same boat. As many of you know, my dad is battling leukemia right now. When he was diagnosed, he agreed to be part of a clinical study drug being tested. There were MANY things about this drug that they "forgot" to mention when they were trying to sell the study. He has currently been in the hospital for 3 weeks longer than he was suppossed to after the transplant because of complications and side effects due to the study drug. He also had a reaction to one of the study drugs prior to the transplant that almost caused kidney failure. Then they gave it to him AGAIN after the transplant with the same result because, "its a trial and we need to test these things out". We were never informed of any of this prior to. Also, they didnt tell us that one of the drugs has been found to make it harder to collect all the cells on the first try from the donor (my uncle), so he had to have the very painful ordeal twice. AND, they failed to inform us that with these test drugs, he would have to go down to the hospital EVERY DAY for 3 months so they can moniter the progress instead of getting a visiting nurse. And when he does go down, we have to wait a minimum of an hour while the drugs are transfered up. It takes 4 minutes to administer the drugs but an hour to wait for them to come up...come on...theyre stored in the same building...they arent comin from across town. He has an appointment every day at the same time but yet we still wait.

Sorry Brian, had to vent too.

Did you go back to work today?

4. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Hopefully things will work out for the best in both of your situations, respectfully.

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    hi-jack away buddy. we all need to vent a little sometimes. sorry to hear about your dads odeal, my thoughts and prayers go out to him. and to answer your last question, " nope"

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio