Go ahead and laugh

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ohio hilljack, May 8, 2009.

1. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I've been telling all of you I'm touched in the head and I proved that last night. Boat had to go to the shop because it was running bad and I couldn't get her right. Stator went out up at Buckeye Lake last week and had to borrow a battery off a fellow club member to get back to the weigh in ,so I just sent her in and had a professional get her fixed up for me. No boat for my middle of the week fix so we decided to wade a little crick not far from home and see if we could pull some channels out of the back waters.
    Got to the creek with some frozen shad and a couple chubs, water to high to get any others, jumped right in. Water was a little muddy didn't look terribly high so we took off downstream flippin bobbers to the edges. We soon decided it was going to be a little more difficult than originally planned. The water was ripping everywhere except right along some of the edge and there was no way to slow anything down because just as soon as any of the line hit the water that bobber was straight down stream. There was no banks to get on and actually fish so we kept on walking in the knee deep water working our way downstream. I keep telling my kids it is too cold to go swimming ,then I found out I was right. Right where the gravel bar ran last year it got really deep, like about neck deep, all at once, and guys it is still too cold to go swimming. A little later we did find a pretty good hole and caught a nice five or six pounder and one just a touch smaller, good eating fish. Packed them up and walked two miles back to the truck. The fish weighed about forty pounds and my clothes twice that much by the time I got to the truck. AND it was still too cold to go swimming. Got home about ten took a shower and shivered on the couch. This morning my kids said Dad don't you know its too cold to go swimming. I'm pretty sure they are smarter than me.

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Buddy if there was any person on this site that I would think something like that would happen to it would be you...:eek:oooh::wink::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I can't help it ,just always having too much fun.

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I was catching bait along some brand new rip rap last month in my knee high boots. Well those new rocks are'nt exactly settled yet, stepped on one and promptly went into the water up to my waist. Had to continue 3 more hours all wet and making a swishing sound with every step.lol

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    thanks for the water temp report,lol. im sure the kids knew it was to cold for swimming , you didnt need to show them buddy. its good to hear you didnt get hurt, may be you should just stay on the boat,lol. sorry bud, ive done the same thing myself

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i feel for ya cause i've had the same thing happen a few times myself.

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    got to love that good old rush of unexpected cold water

8. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yea it is exilerating, maybe shriveling is the word I'm looking for.