gmr

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by david.lay25, Sep 7, 2008.

1. david.lay25

david.lay25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    fished the great miami today 5 hours not a single bite, couldnt even catch a bluegill . just wondering if anyone else fished the gmr this weekend.

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    I think we all need some good rain for the rivers unless u know spots like Flatheadhunter

:cross:

3. cali2ohio

cali2ohio New Member

State:
    Milford, OH
    i fished the gmr for about three hours this past weekend...... caught a snag. thats about it. i havent had any luck at all in the river this year......not a single flat head ! ! ! oh well, its still amazing to just sit there and fish and enjoy the time with my 8 year old son. maybe my spot just blows big ones.....i dunno, its deep so i figured it would be good. i live in colerain so if anyone knows of some spots feel free to send me directions..lol

4. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    TJ and I caught about a dozen channels and a few smallmouth each Sunday morning/afternoon in Dayton. Will post in another thread. Most in current near low head on chubs, cut bait. You gotta find some current right now, fish unusual spots and good luck.

5. Silverwmark

Silverwmark New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I took my nephew fishing (rookie) Saturday night at the GMR and we caught 31 catfish (4 flats, rest channel). I used my cast net to get some small shad, and many times the bait would only be in the water for a few minutes and we would get a fish. My fingers are still chewed up from doing all the unhookin'. Call me Scott, we'll go Thurs...

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Have not fished the GMR this year, good luck on her though. Some good holes if you know where they are.

7. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Will do Mark and I am good Wednesday after work if you get bait :) Check out the channel on my pocketfisherman thread LOL.

8. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio
    i went out last night to a spot on the gmr i havent fished in a while ended up catching 5 flatties between 5 and 20 lbs and 3 channels all caught on bluegill heads and live creek chubs.