GMR...... skunked catfishing

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by cali2ohio, Aug 16, 2008.

1. cali2ohio

cali2ohio New Member

State:
    Milford, OH
    So, i fished the gmr last night for like 5 hours, and then fished it today for like six. Guess what, got skunked both times. Whats going on here? But still havent learned my lesson, ill be back at it tomarrow. just trying to figure out where to go.....any suggestions?

2. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    stay home....We havent caught a fish up here for almost 2 weeks.........NEED RAIN

3. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    what part of the gmr you fishing? try the hamilton area between the two dams

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't give up, try changing your bait or presentation. Experiment, can't hurt if you are not catching anything anyway!

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hear ya Judd, we need rain badly! These people trying to run their bass boats here are learning this also:smile2: rollo

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Opinion

"When, where n how"....something must not match....hmmm.

:eek:oooh:

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    when i am not catching fish i blame myself.as in,no honey,i did not catch a fish,i wasn't concentrating on them,i just needed some time away.......

works for me sometimes,and i also try to believe it,makes me feel better....

8. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    I think the best way to handle it is......If IM not catching fish I WILL Catch a buzz......Busch Light PRO STAFF

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    5 of us fished the GMR last night for about 6 hrs, spread out over a range of water. ( fishing between Miamisburg and Fairfield) again, a very tough night on a very baaad year so far on the GMR. Total was 3 flatties caught totaling about 8 lbs (adding all 3 together) We were fishing tried and true locations and most of the gang have been flathead hunters for many more years then I ever thought about, these guys know every rock on the whole river.

This just goes along with what everyone has been saying, the GMR has not fished well at all this year, sure a few decent reports but the fishing is the worst its been in the last several years and no one knows why?????
    The channels have been hard to find and the flatheads nearly non- existant....
    I certainly hope the fish are still there and just eluding us, but most of us have already considered this year a waste and are waiting for next year.
    To answer your question, do not feel alone, many of us are having a tough time this year.

Salmonid

10. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    I gave the Miami a try this past Friday. We were using goldfish and Israel carp. Most were 2" in size. We had a few pulls, but the behavior was not like flatheads at all. I did pick up a nice channel cat, but no one connected with flathead. There was lots of surface activity from baitfish. I just kept waiting for the big hit. It never came.

Spencer

11. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    the high water played a for very big part in this matter and killed the fishing on the gmr. it was very bad the last time I went out was 3 weeks ago and nothing but carp and turtles using liver. I sensed that played a part in the gmr being bad this year. i had more luck on the mad than the gmr. rick

12. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    the gmr is a great river i go ther 3 times a week atleatst try the hamilton area u will catch fish there i promise

13. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    i believe you miamisburg south i do descent overfished close to dayton turtles and carp thanks river rat we need rain :smile2:

14. Milky

Milky Member

State:
    Hamilton O
    went fishing on the GMR north of the upper dam Sunday and Monday. Caught 16 channels aand flatties Sunday biggest was about 7-lbs. Monday night caught 12 (10 flatties) biggest was 13-lbs all on creek chubs about 4 inches long on floats and on bottom rig. hope this helps

15. cali2ohio

cali2ohio New Member

State:
    Milford, OH
    can you tell me how to get there if im at joyce park. do i come out of the park and make a left onto river rd. please help...

16. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    A: Joyce Park Maintenance Div: 45 Forest Lake Ln, Hamilton, OH 45014, (513) 868-5985
    1: Start out going EAST on FOREST LAKE LN toward RIVER RD. 0.8 mi
    2: Turn LEFT onto RIVER RD. 1.4 mi
    3: RIVER RD becomes NEILAN BLVD. 1.3 mi
    4: End at [701-965] Neilan Blvd Hamilton, OH 45013
    Estimated Time: 9 minutesEstimated Distance: 3.62 miles

B: [701-965] Neilan Blvd, Hamilton, OH 45013
    Map Quest