GMR Report 4/8/06

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by H2O Mellon, Apr 8, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dinkbuster and I hit the GMR. We were suspose to hit the river around 10:30AM, so of corse I rolled in at 10:57AM, who hoo ! :p , 3 minutes early according to "Bryan Time".

It was WINDY and COLD. We were able to catch a total of 9. It was WINDY and COLD. Dink caught 5 & I caught 4. It was WINDY and COLD. The sizes ranged from 2-7 pounds. It was WINDY and COLD. We used fresh shad, frozen shad & Nitro Crawlers, all 3 caught fish. It was WINDY and COLD. We fished oretty hard for these fish. The river was not cooperating with us. It was WINDY and COLD. The anchor(s) couldnt catch, pushing us down river faster than we could motor back up, it was sort of funny!

I need to replace my camera cord tonight, after that I will post the pics. Did I mention it was WINDY and COLD.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    traitor! You dumped me agin:mad:

3. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LMAO! Here we goooooooo!!!!!!!!:p

4. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    But Jack...it was WINDY and COLD and he knows how sensitive your back is...he was just looking after you best enterest:rolleyes: because it was WINDY and COLD:0a10: ....LOL

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey guys thats great you got into some, Ill assume they came from the same general area me and Dink foundd them the other night?? Im guessing it was Mellon that supplied the nightcrawlers:p
    Next time your 30 minutes late, I bet the you might find you have "Missed the boat" eh....;)

Im available most nights this week if either of you two want to get out. let me know of course if its "WINDY AND COLD" I doubt Whiner boy or maybe it should be Mellon Weiner, will show up, ha ha ha

Bryan, you were due!! so expect a few more skunks on the next few trips...
    Salmonid

6. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Hey Mellon Glad to hear you and Dink had a good trip, I went to Ceasars Creek Lake today and got skunked (again). You didn't mention how the weather was in your post, was it windy and cold over your way?

By the way I got to try out those 2 rod and reels this weekend, I love them, they cast great. :) :) :)

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    c'mon bryan, post them pics!

8. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    :) Well, Spencer_Blanton drove 2 hrs one way this morn to come fishing with me at the river. We hit the water around 4 with chicken liver, nightcrawlers, and hope. We go to the mouth of the creek where it picked up the river the water was about 70-75* (of course discharged) power plant. We both took cast nets and my first throw, i caught about 15-20 shad... not bad for the first time i ever caught some thing in it. Well this got both our hopes up, Spencer baited up the same time i did and he casted out about 25 feet and sat his pole down picked up his new one and BAM!!!! FISH ON! he set the hook and fought the mighty beast for about 2 mins and it was about a 10-15 pound channel, pics will be posted later. Well this REALLY got our hopes up. So we cast back out and start filling an 18 gal. cooler up with shad, we get about 250 shad and i check my pole, and TADA, a nice little drum ON SHAD!!!!! WOW, it weighed about 5 pounds, will also post pics of it too. Those are the only 2 fish over 2 pounds on main poles, Spencer caught 1 largemouth bass in his cast net that was about 1 Lb. 2 NICE crappie maybe 8-10 in. and about 5 white bass. Total we ended up catching 1 cooler full of shad (about 1500 total after smaller ones released) he caught like 10 BIG gizzard shad (btw all were gizzs) that were about 8-12 in long. oh yeah he snagged a GAR.
    The End! ( Atleast we didnt get skunked!) :)

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    we found them elsewhere mark, we tried there first but the wind was so strong we couldnt keep anchored down, it was a sight! had a 15lb anchor, 50ft of line out, and the wind was blowing us downriver at about 20mph, anchor couldnt grab anything! we went downriver to an area that was somewhat protected from that howling north wind. fish were biting really strong today but we only had 2 very bad spots to fish where the anchor would hold. btw, i was the "whiner boy" today. i dont know how mellon stood it with those ears exposed to that wind! poor things were blood red!

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mark,

I dont know if I would call it a "Good" day. I think you could get that # of fish just about any day, but it was better than a skunking.

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Catmn, lets see those pics. There's a lot of difference between a 10 & 15 # Channel, but even a 10# Channel is great. We want the pics :thumbsup:

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Couple pics.....

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    couple more from today

14. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mellon, update is much appreciated brother.

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice fish brother mellonhead, but you know they dont really count because I was not there;)

16. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack, those are abotu avergae for that stretch. Boy I thought Dinks 7# Channel was a flathead, it stayed on the bottom & seemed like it was giving him a rough time comming in. Gotta love how those early spring Channels hit.

17. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    Nice catch guys...keep up the good work.

18. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    Very nice Mellon !!! Are you heading out with me and Jackson in a couple weeks ????And we won't be after fiddlers.....:cool: ...........Yes, DA KING !!! is dusting off the gear that has been in storage for the better part of two years....:eek: ..... THE CATKING !!! :)

19. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Be glad to see you knock the dust off and see you slaying em at the gathering on May 5, 6, 7 at Salt Fork.:thumbsup:

20. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Well Spencers channel was A lot bigger than mellons, about 2X. But I am not suprised, we caught all those shad in no time yesterday. THE WERE GORGED!!!!