GMR Report 08/11/09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by JBrooks, Aug 11, 2009.

1. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I took a lady friend of mine and her little brother out for a night of fishing. They've had to deal with me fishing during hot summer days in the past years, and neither of them have never went out for a night of catfishing. With the rain the way it was, and it being a new moon - I had the itch that tonight was going to be a good night.

My first run happened at about 9:15 PM, when he finally loaded it up the fish took me into a snag and I lost him due to that. About 10:00 PM we had another run, and it was a decent channel. Every 30 minutes or so we managed to get a good run and land nice fish. We left at 1:00 AM and everyone had a good time.

I promised him a flathead, but hopefully catching some nice sized channels gave him the fever!

Pic #1 is his first one

Pic #2 is his second one, looks like he's getting used to handling them 'eh? Biggest one of the night, had a gut on 'em!

Pic #3 is another one

All 'n all it was a good night, had trouble catching bait (nothing new on the GMR) but oddly enough I didn't have any lost rigs from snags on that cursed river.

/ James

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  2. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    We caught one channel that was in real bad shape. Looked like he had been caught before or he has some kind of infection setting in.

His eye is totally shot, and sadly enough my Circle Hook put it right underneath is other eye. I tried moving it out, but his eye was flexing each time I moved it. I cut the hook and wished for the best.

Pic 1 is the "infection"

Pic 2 is the other eye with the cut hook. :embarassed:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009

3. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    nice channels man, sounds like a decent night good job.it's to bad no flatties tho i aint seen or caught a flattie ouuta the GMR in a WHILE........RAT

4. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    If you catching them like that then i need to go bank fishing with you. My bank spots are horrible

5. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Tell ya something crazy that happened last year. We were fishing anchored at one of our fav. spots and caught about a 6lb channel and both of his eyes were glazed over. just a white glaze over them. I firmly believe that those fish could make it with no eye sight at all. That was very smart of you to cut the hook off. Lets me know theres others out there that care bout the fish. Thanks!

6. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think the GMR is a good bank fishing river. I have a lot more luck there than the Ohio.

7. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Oh trust me, there's been plenty of skunkings in my spots. Not to mention the money spent on lost rigs. It hasn't been until this year I've managed to get them to produce.

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Way to go Ja,es. Glad you all caught some fish. Always nice to have a lady friend along. I bet all three of you had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pictures an the story.

9. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Glad you guys ended up getting some fish.

10. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    The runs were evenly spaced apart to keep us there just that much longer.
    All I had to work with was a $2 Dollar Tree Flashlight!