GMR near Hamilton

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by SVTFisherman, Apr 7, 2008.

1. SVTFisherman

SVTFisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio - West Chester
    Hey Everyone,

I would say I'm brand new to here... but for some reason I believe I joined at one time years ago... nevertheless, here I am! I live in SW Ohio near Hamilton. I typically fish the GMR via my kayak, in which I have two rod holders and last season caught two 25lb shovels and around 20 others around 10lbs... not bad for my first season river fishing (usually I was a pay-laker!).

Anyway, have a couple of questions... 1) anyone ever catch skipjack on a fishing pole around hamilton? Twice I cast netted some large ones... but didn't end up using them as bait. I'm curious if anyone uses the sabiki (sp?) rigs near the dams or whatnot?

Also, I'm hoping one of you guys on here is a member of the Hamilton Boat club near Rentschler's forest, so we could go out and do some night fishing in that stretch of the water!

Let me know if anyone wants a catfishing partner, I'll gladly trade a few decent spots and some stories :).

Chris

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome aboard Chris and I wish we lived closer. I'd be glad to take you out sometime, just need to head towards Newark, OH.

3. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Welcome to the Boc Chris Im just down river from ya.Theres quite a few BOC brothers from are area on here but not sure if any are with the Hamilton Boat Club.

4. FDR

FDR New Member

State:
    Ohio,Cincinnati
    Welcome to the Boc

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the boc from Kentucky its good to have you aboard

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Welcome to the BOC shoot me a PM sometime we will get together and fish. I have had good luck cast netting bait at the dams but never got skips from the gmr.

7. SVTFisherman

SVTFisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio - West Chester
    Thanks everyone!

So anyone catch a shovel yet this year? I'm about to go scout out the river to see if it's gone down enough to justify trying to kayak up river a bit.