GMR Labor day weekend.

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by dogcat, Sep 2, 2008.

1. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    We wore out the channels in Dayton near a low head dam this weekend. Between T J and I we counted 25 total channels caught and dozens of smallmouth in the rocks, cats were up there too on Sunday. Ran out of chubs and filleted a couple 12 inch or larger smallies and dragged them through the rocks, just chunks and the channels tore that up too. Took some for our friend who will eat fish from anywhere. Got a dozen more Monday morning and afternoon on chubs and cut bait and dozens of various sized smallmouths. Here is a pic from Sunday.

Attached Files:

2. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Looks like a good day of fishing. Keep it up and have fun. Thats all that matters.

3. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the report, glad you had some action!

4. david.lay25

david.lay25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    awesome weekend, ive been fishing around the keowee st bridge in northridge, and channels just arent hitting maybe the water is too low, and i broke my hand over the weekend, so im glad someone in the area did good , congrats.

5. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice mess of eaters! Sounds like fun....olj

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a great catch, Congrats and good luck in the future

7. Silverwmark

Silverwmark New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Two of us went Sunday night south of Miamisburg and caught four decent flats and about 2 dozen channels. They are really tearing it up....

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish guys

9. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Thanks all, went tonight South a little bit and we had a couple break off in cover however TJ landed an 8 pound flattie about 5 minutes after he showed up at dusk. I am still after my first flattie this year, his nephew caught this fish near West Carrolton the 23 of August on a 3 inch bluegill I baited for him:smile2: his first time fishing since leaving the service. It's nice knowing that the flatties are being released unharmed. I haven't eaten a fish I have caught since last year and those were just 2 pound channels from clean water, our freind doesn't care for cats as much as what TJ and I catch other than cats so we bring her loads of edible bass, trout and other bait. I strictly catch and release all catfish, what TJ keeps is his decision and he knows how long it takes a flattie to grow and always releases them. As posted GMR is low and is producing but we need a good rain and then it is on.

Attached Files: