GMR - Grand Slam...(almost)

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Fished tonight on the GMR and quickly landed a big snapper about 15 lbs Im guessing, then later nailed a real trophy Red Eared Slider of about 2 lbs and about 8" across his back, a real monster!! so now Im pumped that I might be able to get the GMR Grand Slam with a softshell but it just wasnt to be.. :sad2: BTW, those were Turtles #13 and #14 for the year and not that anyone cares, but as far as catfish go, got skunked again, thats 6 out of the last 7 times out!!! First I thought I had the Mellon Curse but Now I think I got the Dink Turtle curse.....:crazy: Still a nice night to be out, water is really low and around 71 degrees. Until this weekend.........

Salmonid

2. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mark, you keep count of your turtles for the year? :roll_eyes: I am going to have to take you out catching soon. Yes, I said catching, not fishing. :lol: It is starting to disappoint me about all these skunkings you have taken lately. Not that we ever did good together though. :big_smile: What have you been using for bait, Dinks and Mellons leftovers still. Go hit a creek and get you some fresh stuff. I'm just giving you a hard time. Seriously though, we should get out some time. Good luck on the Grand Slam next time.

3. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Sorry To Hear About You Not Catching Cats But Atleast The Turtles Are Big Enough To Eat.lol

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I thought you was talking breakfast, lol. Better luck next time.

5. akilliss

akilliss New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio
    if i could stay away from erie on my days off id be out gettin some of your turtles. but the waleye and perch has just been 2 good this year. ill be back to cattin this month and next month during the gold rush if we get one this year. and has anyone every used cut perch for bait?

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Save them turtles, we will make a ton of turtle soup. Just let em clean out. LMAO

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congratulations on the Fine Catch Mark! Man I just Love them Turtles especially when someone else is catching them,and there leaving Me alone. Keep up the Good work, and don't tell anyone else what Your secret bait is cause a Man wouledn't want anyone else Hoggin in on them Bad Boys!LOL. Your Friend J.D.
    :eek:oooh: