Gmr Dravo Park

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by bestcatterindaNATI25, Jul 9, 2006.

1. bestcatterindaNATI25

bestcatterindaNATI25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was wondering if any of you guys had fished there and had any luck. Any tips on on spots and baits would be great.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    some of my best holes used to be down in that area, but now its worse than up north here! we went down about a week ago to try and fish a "hard to get to spot" that no one used to fish to only find out that it has been invaded. every spot down that way was packed with people, it took us an hour and a half of driving around to find a spot to fish. as for Dravo, it used to be good but now i dont know. the floods have really changed that hole for the worse.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Also word got out a few years back & that area was worse than a Pay Pond!:angry:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think Ohio has more fishermen than water:sad2:

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I think most of them are joining the BOC as well. This is great news for us.

6. hungoalie

hungoalie New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just up river there is a deep hole behind Rumpke ball fields. He just put up wooden gates to keep people out though. I would fish the other side of the river from Dravo. I lost a big one but catch 6 to 10lb Blues and flatties on blue gills or Israeli carp. It use to be open and you could drive back there. You should be able to get to it from the other side somehow. The bank is open as far as I can see. Good luck