GMR Catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by odog127, Apr 26, 2009.

1. odog127

odog127 New Member

State:
    ohio
    It has finally happened. The GMR in Hamilton is turning on. My son and I went out around 9pm and finally started catching nice cats by the old dam on Bst. I hit a 10lb shovel head and bout an hour later my son caught bout an 8lb channel. guy down from us landed a 6lb channel. This warm weather has put us off to a good start.

2. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    hey thanks for leting us know,i wish i could of got out saturday,but theres allways next weekend

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Glad they are starting to turn on for ya, I am still waiting!:wink:

4. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    yup, i caught a few too, dinks but a small flat and about a 4lb channel....
    RAT

Attached Files:

5. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Looks like you had a good night fishing.

6. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went to the spot below miamisburg dam last night. I managed to catch one dink channel cat. As I was sitting watching my poles, I noticed a large tail just below the surface in the shallow rip rap. So I pulled in one of my poles and quickly pulled the lead off and put a float about 2 feet up. I cast a little up stream and let it settle near where I saw the tail. The cut bait set there for about a minute and the float went under. I set the hook on a huge carp.... No lie.... a carp on cut shad.

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was on the GMR on Friday night I had 5 or 6 really strong runs and nothing would hook up. I have never had that hard of a time hooking up on runs that strong. I wonder if they were gar because there was no way to get a hook set. I was fishing cut shad the whole time.

8. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    just went to the dam yesterday and caught a 6lb channel. went to a different spot at the river a few days before and caught some young flat daddies

Attached Files: