GMR and Pocket Fisherman

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by dogcat, Sep 8, 2008.

1. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Used to see commercials for Ronco Pocket fisherman when I was a kid all the time but Dad said we had good enough stuff and it was a waste of money. Last winter I bought one new online and finally broke it out Sunday on the GMR in Dayton. Took one of my regular poles out and walked to the rocks and current telling TJ I was gonna get a smallie and channel today. Got a smallmouth about 14 inches long on the back half a chub. Had a few tags by cats but nothing hooked. Went back down to the main poles and scored a few more channels on the regular stuff. TJ went back up and got a few more channels and by then the turtles had moved into deeper water. I walked out with a chunk of bluegill on a hook and caught this and had to take a pic with the pole next to it. LOL.

Attached Files:

2. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ronco!:smile2::smile2: I cant poke fun I bought the knife set @ 3am one night. Nice fish....olj

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lol,i guess they do work

4. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    I did have to put it back together about half way through dragging that cat from between the rocks as the access for lube and line tangle door is a bit on the shy side of sturdy. Can't wait to lay into 10 pounder or better on it, at least the drag is easy to adjust on the fly.

Attached Files:

5. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    WOW I remember using one of those when i was kid.

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    the fish is biger than the rod thanks for the pic

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Great Job. Had an Uncle give me one of the originals when I was a kid while he was teaching me to tie knots. Thanks Unc... Actually seen one for sale at Rite Aid a while back. Brought back memories...

8. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Can't wait to hook a flattie LOL.