1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    BigcatSteve and i decided to hit one of our favorite spots on the GMR last night from 11pm to 7am. The night started off quick with me nailing a 3 pound flathead in the first hour. Shortly after i landed a 10 pound Flathead. Everything was quiet for about 2 hours when steve pole sang. He landed a 5 pound channel and then as i netted that fish his other baitrunner went off and he had a 3 pound Flathead. After some long waiting i got a run on my 6000 on a live shad around 3 inches long. A couple minutes later i was holding a 20 pound flathead. Everything was slow until about 6am this morning. I got a run on another live shad on my 6000. And all i can say is thankfully i have 50 pound fireline on it. After a hook set that i thought i lost the fish. I reeled a couple times and realized he was still there. After about a 5 minute fight of him taking out drag i landed this brute. A new personal best Great Miami Flathead that tipped the scales at 41 pounds. It was a great night.

Attached Files:

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Nice fish.... It's good to hear someone able to get in the water and catch something....... Hopefully i'll be able to get the family out this weekend... Again, nice catch... Congrats......

3. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Heck yeah! Looks like a GREAT night.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Great Scott! I mean Nate! That thar fish is HUGE!

That's what we all aspire to, great job.

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Way to go Nate!!! Great fish and we all you know you released him to get bigger so that is even better yet for the rest of us!

Salmonid

6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    yeah Mark always catch and release. but what made me feel lucky with that Haas of a fish was that when Steve netted him the hook basically fell out of his mouth:eek:oooh:

7. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    nice flat! i should try the gmr but i got no idea where to start.

8. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    41 pounds is a moster fish for the GMR!! Congrats pendogg. You've had a crazy year. How many times have you broke your personal best this year?

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Nice fish man, glad to see the GMR is producing

10. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Nate, congrats on your PB flathead and a good night out on the river. Looks like you might have a new avatar on the BOC in the near future. Thanks for sharing

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dude, you are smokin this year!

12. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    I think this is the third time i broke it this year. Its been a fun year

13. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Sounds like you guys had one heck of a night out. Yesterday and today we got some decent rain, so I'm sure I'll be out sometime this evening.

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish man, yall are doing well on that river.

15. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats Brother, The GMR has produced well this year. This has been my best year. I was thinking about going tonight but don't have anyone to go with me. If anyone wants to go Let me know.