Gmr 7/23/06

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 23, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The GMR was on fire between 9:15-10:30AM. I think I caught 8 channels in that time frame. This was a great morning, would have been EVEN BETTER HAD MARK (Salmonid) NOT WUSSED OUT & I COULD HAVE LEFT EARLIER :0a37: , but NO I HAD TO WAIT UNTIL 8AM just to hear: "WELL MY WIFE DOESN't REALLY WANT ME TO GO THIS MORNING"!!!! :0a31: :crazy: Mark, we're going to have to teach you how to get a couple more feet off that leash !:0a26:

Anyways at 9:15 AM I was set up & called my dad to see what he was doing, as soon as he answered I told him to hang on I had one on, it was about 9:17am or so, I got that one on the line, then a rod that had a live bluegill on it, went down, down, down, down almost touching the water, I reared up & had a faily large fish on it, so I had two fish on, one rod in the rod hold w/ a fish on, one in my hand w/ a fish one, I told dad that I had to go, to concentrate on the 2nd rod, which was the bluegill rod. I fought this fish for a couple minues all the time while the other fish was going nuts on the 1st ros, anyways I got this fish w/ in 6 foot of the boat, still deep enough to where I couldnt see it, then .... NOTHING. It got off, man I was bumed big time, I darn near forgot about the 1st rod until I looked to my left, I reeled that one, it was about a 4 # channel. :roll_eyes: But hey it was neat as crap to have that happen.

The largest channel of the day was around 7#'s. I could not get a reading on my scale, it needs batteries. I didnt get a pic w/ this one becasue i was trying to set the came on delay & it was not working. I got a pic of the 1st couple, but then decided it was too had to get good pics by myself, so gave up, besides they were all channels. No Flatheads except of corse "the one that got away." I feel as if that one was a nice flathead, at least nice for this area, which I'd say from the way it felt, 15 #'s or so???? I guess I'll never know though.

Anyways, I'll have a couple pics up later.

If anyone if interested I'll prob be there again next Sunday, but want to be on the water no later than 7am. Shoot me a PM if interested. Today my wife doesnt go in until 6pm, but normall I'll have to be home by noon. So I figure 6 or 7 am until 11:30am or so.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dude, why didnt you get a hold of me?:sad2::roll_eyes:

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    congrats on catching those channels, thanks for sharing

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks man, just rub it in will ya....:crazy:
    I cant help it the wife is realy upset about the whole boat thing ( dont get me started, thats another post) Bottom line, dont have it, waited all day yesterday for the "come and get it" call I was promised earlier in the day, it never came and I cost the wife and me several hours of waiting around for the call that never came when I could have been clearing a fence row that has to be done in 1 month and I got 900 feet to go..... So today the wife was insistant we work all day on it and then I can fish tonight, of course I dont have a boat and no bait and now Im so darn sore I dont feel like fishing now, typical , then throw in the wife guilting me with , your traveling all week, lets have some quality time cursing chain saws, weed whackers, Bush hogs, tractor issues etc. Its like painting a house together, a sure fire way to ruin a good marriage. :eek:oooh:
    Im sorry Bryan, when I made the decision at 2am this morning, I was sure it was a go and then I told the wife that was fine then about 7:45 she did an about turn... Of course you never had that happen, right????
    I owe ya one and the fact you tore them up is punishment enough.....
    Maybe when I get my boat back just before the snow starts to fall, we can get it out once or twice if your not too wimpy to fish in December.... As it stands now, Im at least 2 weeks away from getting it out since once i get it back, Im gonna bribe Dink to do a bunch of wiring on it.

Salmonid the Wuss......:lol:

5. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    If you supply the leather gloves, I can lend a hand with that fence row. I can work a tractor, bushhog, bail, and stretch barbed wire too. If I'm going to
    hit you up for a Chagrin trip this fall, I better start earning credit!

Spencer

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have plenty of shad & skip in the freezer, they are yours. Even if I am not come come by & Jenny knows where they are at.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Beleive me,. I almost went to your house, no kidding. I was going to bang on the door, but I thought you guys did an alnighter last night.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here is a couple pics. I guess the water gagues can be deceiving becasue if you were to read them youd think the river was unfishable, but obviously it was in fine shape. Just a pic of the 1st channel (small one, but the 1st almost always gets a pic) then one of the avg 4#'er, then a pic of the river.

9. Catfish_John1979

Catfish_John1979 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio, U
    Hey Mellon... let me know about next weekend... maybe we can meet up finally and fish.. have talked to you a bunch of times on OGF... friday night sat night or sunday morning i dont care.. just want to get some flattie fishing in... so i dont have another no flattie yr like last yr... maybe me you and salmonid can meet up ok catch ya later.. great catch...

John

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Buddy looks like you caught some nice sized bait there:roll_eyes: Sorry to hear you lost a nice one

11. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the channels and too bad on the one that got away. You sure that one didn't go 40 or more?? lol

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Roger,

If it had went 40# I would not have said anything about it becasue everyone knows where I like to fish in that pool! :big_smile: :lol: 'Aint goin' be noone stealing my 40#!!! :big_smile:

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just mentioned not seeing you online for a LONG time in another thread.

14. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    good catch Melon,i might hit the river one night this week as long as my shoulder isnt killing me too bad,i havent been on the river since early in the year and me and my brother hit some nice channels but im hoping for some big shovelheads one night this week

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish brother, congrats on the catches. Wish I could do that this year, hehehe.

16. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good catch Melon. I wish I lived closer, then my wife wouldn't let me go with you either. What was the little catfish Smiling about??

17. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Nice looking fish Bryan.