GMR 6/14/09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish-fever, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Had a pretty good night last night fishing near the power plant. I arrived around 5:00 and the boat ramp was packed and so was the wall near the dam. So I walked out on the rocks down stream. Spent time catching bluegills to use for bait. I caught a 5 pound carp on crawlers and as I started catching gills I switched out to using live bait on one pole and cut gills on the other. Managed to catch 1 channel on shrimp... then caught 3 shovelheads all weighing around 8 pounds. One took live gill and the other 2 took cut bait. I have had my best year catching shovels. But then I have only been targeting catfish for about a year and a half now. And I fished 11 month of the year last year.

2. flatheadsteve

flatheadsteve New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i fished next to you for a little while i belive. i caught a decent channel while i was there. we left there and went to one of my spots down river from there. got 3 flatheads(6lbs,13lbs and 20lbs) and 2 more channels and broke one off in a tree.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey congrats Bryan on the fishing trip report. I'd say won't be long you'll be catching the 40lb or bigger.