GMR 5/25/09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish-fever, May 26, 2009.

1. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went fishing near the old power plant in Miamisburg again last night. I set up on a spot I havn't fished before. I was using stink bait for channels and took night crawlers along the weed bed to see if I could catch shovelhead bait. I caught several channels in the 3 to 5 pound range. I caught a baby bass that was about 6 inches long and put a circle hook through the tail and lobbed it about 15 or 20 feet from the shore. About an hour later.... pole goes down and a 10 pound shovel is on the end of the line. Some guys fishing beside me come to check it out and while I was reaching for the scale my other pole (with stink bait) goes down and I pulled in a 5 pld channel. The action was pretty fast right around sunset last night.

2. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    good deal man i wish i could hook up on some fast cats but sometimes its worth the wait for that one good run with hookup

3. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The fish didn't really start fighting until it say shore... then it ran like it was a freight train.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sounds like you had a great time. Nice catch's there!

5. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would say the prespawn is finally in full effect. Though the water I was fishing still fell pretty cool. I know the target range is 64 to 70 with 70 being the trigger temp for spawning..

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on some good cats. Sounds like a lot of fun