GMR 5/23/08

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Spencer_Blanton, May 23, 2008.

1. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    I fished the GMR in Franklin last night from 8:00 to 11:00. The water is about a foot or two higher than normal. Water color is transitioning from a light chocolate milk to an emerald hue. Temperature is still cooler than normal. The banks are still wet.

I picked up my first flattie of the year at about 10:00 on a live bluegill. I took a terrible picture in the dark with my cell phone. It's not worth sharing.

I'm hoping the pre-spawn season will swing to full gear soon.

~Spencer

2. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    CONGRATS on your first flattie of the year !!! im still waiting on my first one ...........been out several times and havent gotten one yet !!! The bite should really pick up soon !!!

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Thanks Spencer ....... Maybe there is hope yet for this season .... Garry-:eek:oooh:

4. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    its starting to pick up around that area, i did ok last night, a small flat and a nice channel that took a big carp.

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thats funny, me and Pendog and Catmanfu were fishing the same area last night and it was very slow, I picked up my first flattie as well for the GMR this Spring, a whopper of 5.5 lbs on a live gill, at least they are starting to hit!!!
    Good job guys....
    Salmonid

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the fishing, keep us updated.

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    finally good news my trip to the gmr was smallmouth bass and suckers rick

8. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    im telling you Salmonid, its me i always bring luck to those i fish with. Good thing u left when ya did the rain picked up and we had nothing else. was nice meeting you.

9. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    cat send me some luck going to pond tonight for channels take care rick:smile2: