Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got out to the river and rods in the water around 8:15, within 20 minutes i got my first run and landed a 25 pound flattie. While i was releasing the fish my other pole started running, so i hurried over to it and set hook... But there was a problem, i thought turned off the clicker but i didnt:messed:. So after a half hour of cutting i only had 50 yards left on the reel. Right at dark i got another run and it was a 5 pound 12 oz flathead. After that run the channels came in thick. I ended up landed 4 channels before i left at 11. All of the channels were 2 to 6 pounds. Not a bad night of fishing. The attachments arent working, i will post the pics in the morning

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
nate I am gonna come fish the GMR with ya sometime man I like bank fishin from that river, there are some pigs in there. I will know Monday if I am keeping my boat or not, if I do we'll still hit it up, and I want to get you out on the river too..I wasnt sure if you had a boat or not???

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nate I am gonna come fish the GMR with ya sometime man I like bank fishin from that river, there are some pigs in there. I will know Monday if I am keeping my boat or not, if I do we'll still hit it up, and I want to get you out on the river too..I wasnt sure if you had a boat or not???
sounds good man, im always up for fishing. I do have a boat but its a 14ft Jon Boat, i dont think that would work on the Ohio lol

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got another one in the first 2 minutes last night. It went 14 pounds 5 oz, as i was reeling it in my other rod took off. When i landed the fish, i went to the other rod and it was snagged. Those were the only two runs of the night

·
Registered
727 Posts
You know I don't really live that far from the GMR. I think it is only a 40 minute drive. It is hard to make that trip when the LMR is right down the road from me. If you ever want company I could probably make a trip out there. I usually only bank fish though.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Nice job on the flats! I usually hit the mouth of the GMR when I am on the Ohio since its only about a 15 min drive to the ramp and a 10 boat ride to the GMR. Generally always good for some kind of fish. Now that I have my kicker outboard sorta working I might try and brave the shallows and head up further into the miami via the Ohio.

Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.