GMR 12-26-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by dinkbuster1, Dec 26, 2009.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hit the GMR this afternoon from about noon-almost 5pm. fished 2 different pools, caught 1 about 5lb in the first pool (Moraine area), then got the "labor pains" and had to leave and hit good 'ol Speedway for a much needed "pit stop". left there and ended up the day in the Franklin area and ended up catching 4 more before calling it quits.

had constant hits at the 2nd location but they were hitting very light and kept missing them. all were caught on fresh Shad. it was cold, brutally cold with the wind, fish werent on fire like i thought they would be with the water up but still was great to get out and catch a few.

2. GMRcatman

GMRcatman Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice going. I was wondering if you made it down to the Ohio. Guess this answers my question. I've only fished for channels a couple of times the last two weeks on the GMR while saugeye fishing and seemed to have similar experiences. I know if you aren't hitting them good no around here typically is.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    somehow i pulled a muscle in my chest yesterday (OMG it was awfull!) and didnt want to commit to an Ohio trip and not be able to go. woke up today and it was a little better so i went ahead and gave the channels a shot. pain is all gone now thankfully. plan on hittin the Ohio sometime during New Years break.

4. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    sorry about the musle pull,but sounds like great day on water:big_smile:

5. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Dink my nephew and his buddys banked the lower miami and ohio today.Only caught channels and lots of wind.Told me most firewood was wet and mud was a thick.But they are young and still had a fun time.

6. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    Nice job Dink. Mark said you were going out today. Its always nice to get out and fish even if you only catch a few channels....beats sitting inside all day long. I am going to try and hit the river on Monday. Hopefully the wind is not too terrible.

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Glad you got out and caught a few Mike. Gonna try and hobble my butt down to the river tomorrow for a few hours.

8. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wanna head down toward the last dam on the GMR soon and see if there are anymore blues up in that part of the river.