GMR 11-01-09, new PB!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by dinkbuster1, Nov 1, 2009.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    got my new PB on the GMR today......PB pile of leaves that is! that thing had to weigh at least 20 lb! water was up and churning real real bad which made the leaves even worse, could not keep a bait still for nothing. water temp was in the low 50's in the morning and looks to dip below 50 degrees the rest of the week. think i am done with the flats for the year, going to put up the flattie poles and finish the year chasing smallies and 'eyes. :sad2: i did howevewr find a really nice 12ft jon boat for sale along the way for only $100, perfect for throwing in the back of the truck. came with about $75 worth of accessories as well.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    Haha the leaves were pretty bad in some places down on the Ohio today as well.

Its time for you to head south to the big O the channels and blues will be biting all winter long!!

3. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    yeah i pulled a couple whopper of leaf fish today as well and colsrob got a cornstalk fish :big_smile::big_smile:

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    who knows, i may make it to the Ohio this winter for blues providing someone has an open seat, no chance i will take my 15ft jon out there again! as far as channels, i can waylay them all winter up here on the GMR :big_smile:

5. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    That Cornfish was on YOUR rod! I just reeled it in because it was beating you up too bad.:smile2:

Seriously folks, it almost spooled Matt.:tounge_out:

6. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Mike, you live fairly close to me. Maybe we can get together at some point and take my boat down for a day. I can't say when just yet, but it's always an option to keep in mind.

All we have to do is, find out where Matt is, and then go somewhere else.:smile2: We are almost guaranteed to catch fish!

7. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is a heck of a deal on the Jon! If you ever wanna get rid of it.....even without the accessories, let me know :wink: