G'mornin all you Pa! Trout fisherman!

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by buddah, Apr 14, 2007.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Well Today is the BIG day that I have been waiting for all year! Cant wait. Tommy is downstairs sleeping on the couch getting ready to wake up and Go Trout Fishing....First day trout.... Oh boy are we gonns have fun. Ayone else up and ready to go?
    Where are you going? We are going to waterville. Possibly Upper pine-bottom.:cool2:
    Spin AND Fly-roddin! Wha-Hoooo!
    See ya in a few hours! 4:17 right now....LOL

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Well, Thomcat got sick (vomited every ten minutes) but we went anyway. I caught a small Brownie but it was really chilly and kept getting ice on our snake guides, and then all the people started showing up! I never seen anything like it!!! ... It was litterally shoulder-to-shoulder on both banks in an hours time! So we changed tactics AND spots ,then started to have some fun! But man those "flat-landers" are getting worse annd worse every year! .....Very worn out but going out again today...yes, in the rain...(Fish don't seem to mind getting all wet!) = less people and better spots...heh,heh!

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Looks cold but fun!
    I went yesterday and it was cold and rainy!!! I put a thread about the get together.Maybe you can come to the next one!

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Jay - I had a Trout gathering at my place. Buffalo Creek goes through my property and gets well stocked. I had a good day landing 11 Trout all caught on a spinner. I got one real nice Rainbow that was about 18". My wife took a picture. I need to get her to load it on the computer and I will post it. My buddy Jeff ended up catching 31 on minnows and another buddy Bill got around 20. We had a great time with plenty of good food and a few "cold ones".

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I managed to get out for about 30-45 minutes on thursday and missed 3 but landed one for my smoker.

6. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Man I had one bad first day of trout. It was freezing and couldnt find the trout. I caught 1 native trout about 5 inches in 4 hours :crazy:

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    We're Goin out again this morning too! I was putting on my chest waders when I took that piece of video. I actually only got one small brown on a "blue-quill" :( Oh well, Today will be better! I actually has ICE on my snake guides and had to switch to the Ultra light spinning gear! (my Fenwick-er and a mepps roostertail..LOL ...Really! It sure seemed to be workin great for the guy next to me! hahaha. We had a very cold and FUN time yasterday and lookin forward to scraping frost off the windshield again thismorning too! Hey I'll try not to forget I have the camera again....*whistles*...LOL
    Wish us luck!

8. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Sorry, *double post*.... I'm takin alot more hot coffee today! LOL

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Here's a pic of the nice Rainbow I caught on 1st Day (4-14-07). The fish had a real small tail for some reason but put up a great fight. The wife took the photo and fish was released. The local streams all turned to mudholes Sat. night from heavy rain and are still a mess this morning!

Attached Files:

10. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Nice trout. I wonder why the tail is so small. guess size doesnt really matter after all.

11. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    haha yea that one would have been another 2 inchs with a tail.

i did great once i got into a good hole. i fished up by palmerton, first time i fished up that way so i was just guessing where to fish. i fished around a bend in the creek and was skunked, only about 4 or 5 trout was caught in the area then i walked up farther and watched more trout caught but was still without one. at last i got into one spot after a couple left who caught 11 including a huge brown. i used spinners, minnows, bread, and worms to catch 43, all rainbows besides one 15 inch brown. i finished at 12 went home got a few more worms to go bait fishing at a local creek. i wanted to catch some minnows and suckers for cut bait so i fished about a mile downstream where they stoped stocking trout. i fished under a bridge with a bunch logs covering. i was confused why i didnt see any shinners or creek chubs but then hooked into a 20 inch rainbow the reason why there wasnt any baitfish around. ill post a picture when i get it on my computer.

all i need is a big brown now to finish out a grandslam. ive had a huge golden rainbow, rainbow, and brook so far this season

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
  13. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi

Hey!- You have to checkout the new vid that I put up this-morning of Tommy & I yesterday! LOL :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

14. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
  15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hey Jay - That is a beautiful Brookie in the picture! I would like to have that one mounted on my wall!:smile2:

16. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    yea that sure is an amazing native brook!!! i thought my 8 inch native brown the other day was something to be proud of.