gmc window

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by cumberlandcat, Dec 7, 2007.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Can anyone tell me how to remove the inside panel on my 2003 gmc truck. I bought the replacment parts and removed all the screws but can seem to get the panel off and don't want to tear something up. I am sure it is something easy. Thanks

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    If you got all the screws out it should just lift straight up and off. Does your door have the small inside light at the back corner of the door panel? If so make sure you get it un-hooked.

I memory serves me right there are three screws and you need to pop out the inside lock cover thingy. LOL One screw at the bottom of the door, center. One at the back of the door under a snap on cover and one inside of the area of the inside handle.

I hope that helps.
    David

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It does have the light I can only find two screws, is it that hard to lift on I tried that first but felt like I was going to break something

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    if it is like my chevy there should be a couple of plugs that you pull out along the sides and a coulple of screws that you need to take out. there is a screw right behing the handle on the inside they you will also need to take out. once you get all of those out, pull the interior panel up until it pops off and then you can take it off. hopefully this works for you.

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    one more thing, be careful taking it off. if you have electrtic windows and door locks there is a plug on the backs of these that you will need to take off. just rotate the panel upside down until you can get to the plugs and pull them off. and it shouldnt be that hard to take off. i think you may have missed a screw.

6. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    You will also need to pop the top corner trim off. It just pulls off from the top corner and is held on with the christmas tree style retainer and then it will just lift up and off the door panel. Remove the top corner of this piece of trim first.
    If I remember correctly.

7. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    If you got all the screws it will lift off very easily. Like SGT said be careful with the wiring on the switches. If you need pics of what I am talking about I can get them pretty fast.

8. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Heres some pics for you.
    The first is the screw at the back of the door that is under a small cap that will need to be removed. The second one it the screw inside the inside door handle. The last one is the screw at the bottom of the door. Close tot he center of the bottom.

Attached Files:

9. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It got dark on me I will have to continue tomorrow. Thanks for all the help I will let you guys know how it went.

10. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry it took a min to get back with you guys but I got it in and it works, the actual replacement of the motor was easy compared to the door panel and all the crap that was involved, thanks for the help.

11. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Glad we be help.:big_smile: