Glowsticks

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by catfishrollo, Jul 24, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    this may sound stupid, but i just recently bought 500 glowsticks from gene. last night i let my daughter have one to play with...after hours on end we simply placed it in the freezer, today and tonight it is as bright as new. how many hours long can you get out of these things? and are they reusable after an entire nights fishing? anyways thanks for the great product! my daughter and me really are enjoying them...rollo

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I've notice a long "Burn" time on them as well. Longer than most that alot of them I've seen.. Though, I doubt I would get 2 nites out of one...

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Usually, about 12-14 hours out of the full size glow sticks.

4. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I have been averaging 24 to 30 hours on the glow sticks from gene.

5. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I fish fri. night with mine, bring em home and put em in the freezer. Pull em back out sat. and they still glow all night.

6. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Thanks Guys for your comments.

Thanks;

Gene

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I have to say that I received my 1st order of 100 this past wed. and at 2:00 P.m. I snapped one gave it to my daughter to mess with and the wife kept an eye on it and it was still glowing strong THURSDAY when we went to bed at 11:30 P.m. WOW! just the best I have ever seen THANKS Gene, for a Great product!!!!

8. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I can usually get two nights of fishing with them. They don't glow quite as good the second night but they still work fine. I just cover the tips of my rods with a towel and I'm ready to go the next night. They work great.

9. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    What is the best way that you guys have found for securing the glowstick to the rod tip?

Thanks
    Brandon

10. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Hey Brandon try Small wire ties bro!! Works for me!

11. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Thanks Bama Cat, the last time I used them I used some hockey tape and that worked ok but I figured there had to be some better ways. Small wire ties sounds like the way to go. Thanks again!

12. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Tape one of the connectors on your rod tip and leave it there. Can change glow sticks when needed that way. Fit tight enough that they will not fall out.

13. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I use a little electrical tape on my rod tip and bobbers at night !!!!:wink:

14. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania
    Before I rig my pole I put 2 gumbands (rubber bands for all you people who aren't from pittsburgh) on the tip. The small ones you find with the girls hair clips and ties and what not work great!! Just double them over a few times and you just have to slip one over each end of the glow stick.

As for keeping them for 2 nights if you take them off when you get home and throw them in the freezer they will last a long time. Not forever but a long time just take out next time and when they thaw they will start to glow again. Freezing them does not stop the chemical reaction it only slows it down a whole lot. You can't even see them glowing when they are frozen but run them under warm water and they light right back up. Hope this helps!!

15. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Just make sure the keeper for the cable tie is on the opposite side of the rod as the line. I learned the hard way!

16. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    J.C Thanks for great idea !

17. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Next time you're in the produce section buying some veggies for your next catfish dinner grab a few extra ties for the produce bag and put them in your tackle box. :wink: They seem to have an endless supply :smile2::smile2:

18. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I just use the connectors that come with them and make a ring and loop them around the rod tip.