Glowsticks

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by river_rat_42, Apr 12, 2006.

1. river_rat_42

river_rat_42 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Do any of yall use the berkely glowsticks. I really havent heard alot about them from anyone who knows what they are talkin about. Just rumors from random friends. I night fish alot on the ohio river and I use catmaxxx rods (which are black) so its really hard to see. I plan on buying a glowstick if I hear enough good things about them. Main question is are they built strong enough for pulling in big catfish from the ohio river, and do they really glow all that bright. THANXXX

2. cardfan4life

cardfan4life Guest

Why not save money and buy the little glowsticks off ebay and some electric tape. Tape them about an inch from the tip of your rod and use the poles you already have.;)

3. carpfisherman11

carpfisherman11 New Member

State:
    ohio
  4. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
  5. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    I have 3 of them and used to really like them a lot but in the past month two of them have broken off 3"s down from the tip for no apparent reason??:confused:

6. cjb10876

cjb10876 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I looked at some glow sticks at Cabela's on Sunday. The ones i saw were short heavy saltwater models. From what I read on Berkley's website and what I saw on them at the store they actualy run on batteries and LED lights and the but cap opens to take the batteries.

7. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i havent seen berkely's so dont know bout em. I buy and use the 1.5 inchers and put em on between the last 2 eyes near the tip. generally you can find em on the net for between .10 and .20 cents each.

8. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I bought 1 ,7ft med. spinning. they have 2types ,1has a glow tip . ilooked at it first . this is the one didnt buy . i wish ihad. mine doesn,t show all the way to the tip. The glow tip light all the way to tip . otherwise very happy with it. I have 6dfferent berkley rods from ultralite to heavy and am really pleased quaility of them.

9. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    OPINION:

Get the rod YOU WANT then as stated above buy "Glows Sticks" and tape them on.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I have 3 of the Berkley Glowstiks and 5 Catmaxx rods. The Catmaxx are a better built rod but a bit more expensive. Like everyone has already said just tape the six inch glowsticks to the rod tips at night and you can see them very well. The Berkley rods light up but the tips are still a bit difficult to see because there are 2 bulbs in the rods, one is right above the handle and the the other is in the middle of the rod where the 2 pieces join together. I end up taping a 6 inch glow stick to the rod tip anyway cause of this.

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    MAINE WOLF PRODUCTS is one of our sponsers and has glow lights at great prices. they will glow all night and then some, mine are 8 inches long. bent them into whatever shap you want. they are fresh, long lasting, bright and care free. The link is on the right side of the page, look to your right and click.

Danny

12. river_rat_42

river_rat_42 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanxxx for the replies guys. Ill probably buy one anyways but I will also start using the six inch glowsticks on my catmaxx rods. Thanxxx

13. tocold4u2

tocold4u2 New Member

State:
    ohio
    glowsticks are the way to go , i buy them by the case , either use them on the rod tips or on a slip-float. i get the 3-3.5" ones sometimes you can get them $14-$18 for a case.

14. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    are you talking about the glow stick rods. if so they are good rod but very very stiff and when i say stiff i mean stiffer than a ugly stick. not a real senstive rod by any means. but they have plenty of back bone to them for them big flattys or blue. and to answer the question yes they glow pretty good all night. but all you have to do to chatge it is turn the led blue light on for about 5 mins and your good to go hope this helps.....

15. D.I.P.

D.I.P. New Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I Go To Wal-mart And Buy The 84 Cent Glow Sticks And Tape Them To My Pole.it Works Great And There About 8 In. Long So You Don't Have To Use A Light And Atract The Bugs And Here In The South Thats A Very Good Thing.

16. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    84 cents? man if you have a dollar tree store close by, you can get a package of 5 8 inchers with connecters for a buck!

17. Bravesnflat25

Bravesnflat25 New Member

State:
    Anderson
    I bought one of the glow sticks a few months ago from Catfish Connection. I have only used it twice. It feels like if you were to hook a monster cat on it it would break. So I just stick to my Catfish Ugly Stick. Those are worth every penny

18. Cactus Cat

Cactus Cat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have the catmaxx rods which I like the stoutness and quality of I took those and painted them with super duty glow paint they look like star wars light sabers at night awesome! Here is link I got paint from http://www.hobbyglow.com/ works great.

19. John H

John H New Member

State:
    KANSAS
  20. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Maine and Gene have a great deal on those Glowsticks. Cant beat it, definatly check out that website. I have a few left, but when they run out I am placing an order. Great to order from BOC sponsers, they help keep the lights on.