Glowstick

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by fisherman94580, Mar 4, 2007.

1. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've been shopping around a little and the best overall rod I've found in the price range up to $40.00 is the glowstick, wat about everyone else, wat have you found to be the best for up to that price range.

2. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    i got a glow stick last year . the second time i used it the cheap thing broke .I t lights up real nice but don't expect it to last long it just isn't a very strong rod you would be better off getting a catmax they are right around the same price. My buddy has one and they are real nice rods. I have a st.crox and they are real sturdy rods but they are around a $100 bucks and up

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i heard that the glowsticks werent good. for under $40 the best rod ive found is two 9' king kats $40 :cool2: for one rod ugly stick catfish $30

4. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    how much weight do those 9 foot king kat rods hold

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    a couple of years ago a friend of mine bought one , even though i advised him not to. the rod just seemed poor in quality and the only reason it is $40 is because the damn thing glows. Go ahead and buy you a catmaxx, I have two and am getting ready to purchase my 3rd. They have a new model that came out this year which is the same price they have always been, or you can get last years model which dropped in price since the new one came out. Either way you go you're getting a quality rod for a good price.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    It says 15-30# line 1-4oz lure but iv been using 40# mono and 5oz sinkers plus bait and it works good.

7. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    My "Favorite" rod is a Okuma "Longitude" 10 ft Spin Surf 3-8 oz lure weight which is a $40 rod. The longer butt on the rod helps when casting heavy weights and if wanting to appling max pressure on the big cats with that length of rod when fighting them.

If u have not tried a rod with a longer butt you should. It takes using one to get it.... not just holding it.

NOTE: The longer butt shortens the length of the rod from the reel to the tip and adds it to the butt.

:sure:

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I have two, I wouldnt say they were the best rod I've ever had, but they are NOT a huge piece of crap that some have experienced.. Least mine aren't..
    My Ugly Stick Tigers are a much better rod, and only like $15 more...