Glowstick Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Catman 1964, May 19, 2007.

1. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    What is your opinion on Glowstick rods? I fish from the bank so I am looking for a 8' to 9' rod I use 20# Big Cat Trilene. If you have any other suggestions for a rod let me know. The reels are Abu Garcia's C3 6500. Take care and God Bless.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Catman these rods in M/H should do a fair job on those reels. You can buy them inthe length you suggested. The cost is about 27.00 dollars and they will handle the 20# line you would like to use. At that price I don't think you could go wrong.:big_smile::lol:

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have used the 7 and 8 footers with no problems, nice action and plenty of backbone to them. A great rod at a very reasonable price.

Aaron

TA2D

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    It should do the job!

5. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    I have an 8' with a Penn 209 on it, and a 9' spinning rod with a Penn Captiva on it. Both are strung with 30 lb.mono. The 9' has more backbone than the 8'.
    I like them. I don't use the lights much. They are good rods for night fishing.
    If you leave them out in the sun all day, they will glow all night.

6. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Decent rods at a very reasonable price, I have 4 of em.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I always see people on here talk good about them except for where the "glowie" sections are located on the rod but that has nuthin to do with landing your fishies!!
    Good luck Brother and let us know what you decided on k?
    -Later

8. Life1978

Life1978 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I own the 7 foot medium-heavy spinning rod. I've been out fishing with it everynight since I got it last week and so far it works great. I fish from the bank too. It glows forever being I leave it sit by the window while I'm at work. Plus the lights work good when it gets really dark it actually lets you see the tip just great. I just try not to look right at where the lights are being they are on the bright side. But it has worked great for me and is really a pretty good rod for around 20 to 25 dollars.:lol:

9. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    If you like if just for the glowing option you can go the route I did and just buy some cheap glow stics off ebay and put them on the end of your rod. I keep my rods locked in my toolbox all day while I am at work so a glow in the dark rod is really not a good option for me. I got on ebay and bought 60 glow sticks for about 12 dollars. they are supposed to glow for around 12 hours which means you would go through 1 per pole per night so about 50 cents per pole.

10. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    I got a 8' in a MH and am going to try it out tommorrow night. This rod will be seeing alot of use because I am retiring from the Fire Department last day is Sunday thanks for all your help take care and God Bless.

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Cool, I hope u have a good retirement.

12. DaveHufford

DaveHufford New Member

State:
    Washington
    I'm happy with my 10' Glowstik. Just had the opportunity to test it out, at night, on the Snake River. Very visable at night, even without the lights on. Easy to see the bites. The Berkley rods are built stout and durable.

13. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Im going to check one of those out myself, thanks for posting it!

14. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've had one for a couple of years, I don't use it much because it's longer than I need from a boat, but when I shore fish it works great. It has good strength and backbone. Like others have said ,the lights don't work all that well, but it will glow all night without turning it on. I think for the money it's a pretty good deal.

15. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I have an 8' MH with a Penn 220 GTO mounted on it and I love it. Even if it did not glow it would be worth the money. The glow is just a bonus to me. This outfit casts really well and has good backbone where it counts.

Cheez

16. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    Why do you need it to glow when you can just put a bell on the end of any pole. I use bells on all of my poles, whether it be day or night if the bell rings a fish is there I dont need to see the pole I just need to see whihc one of my 5 bells are ringing. haha. bells are cheap poles are not.

17. OHriverRat

OHriverRat New Member

State:
    OHIO
    They are great poles. You wont be dissapointed.

18. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Well you guys sold me on them where can I get one cheap.

19. Master_Taxidermist

Master_Taxidermist New Member

State:
    OK
    I would spend my money elsewhere.
    Only positive in my book is that they light up in spots.:roll_eyes:

20. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I bought one last year for around 30$ i think. It has been a good rod for me. It has a soft tip to see the bites easy but is also strong when reeling in those big ones. I havent caught to many fish with it, a couple 12 lbers last year but the only reason i havent caught many fish is because im not that good at fishing. :001: