Glow tip or glow stick...

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by PTDixieGal, Aug 18, 2008.

1. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Just wondering if anyone out there used a glow stick. I don't get to do much night fishing, but I'm probably going out pre-dawn tomorrow. My Quantum Rhino has a glow tip. I am considering using a glow stick on my Shakespeare Tiger Spincasting Rod. It does not have a glow tip. I have also read where you can use them on your floats.

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    glow sticks troy showed me this this year wow they are sweet !!!!!

just use tape or a plastic zip tie to hold them on end of rod .

yes ive used them in my cork or balloon rigs for years they are wonderfull .

and will last all night and very bright :wink:

good luck sista

3. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I use the glow sticks. They last the whole night and make it very easy to see rod tip movement. The glow sticks I use have a little rubber piece that holds the stick and clamps to your rod. There are bracelets like the kids wear at fairs (less expense) that you can tape to your rod. Hope this helps ya some.

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    With using attached Glo-Stiks you are not limited on the rods when you purchase one.

my 2 cents
    :006:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glow sticks are the way to go. Once you have compared them you will answer your own question. Check our BOC sponsor for some good buys on glow sticks. Gene Wolf.

6. jkim546

jkim546 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    i use small glow sticks on the slacked line between the 2nd and 3rd guides at night which sure help make life easier!

7. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i used glow sticks on my floats this weekend for the first time. we were fishing a nite tournament and they really worked great. i plan on ordering some from gene in the next few days. i will always have some in by box from now on for nite fishing.

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Glowsticks will spoil you.:smile2: I forgot them one time and wondered how I ever night fished without them. I use electrical tape to attach them. The ones Gene sells last a long time. I have used them 2 nights in a row. They are not as bright the 2nd night but you can still see them plenty. Well worth the money!!

9. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yes glow help, but how do you attach them to your rod. i know gene sells glow sticks for floats, but what about the rods.

10. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Just tape them to the tip, or use zip ties. Thy come with a connector that I attached to the top so all I have to do is stick the glowstick in and tape thr bottom.

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    glow sticks are the only way to go