Glow string

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by kscathunter, Dec 30, 2009.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    found some c&c glow thread clearanced at walmart the white glowed best so thats what i got. just threw some on my whupping stick to check out no finish on it yet glows pretty good. :wink::cool2:

Attached Files:

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Where did you find it in the Wal-mart?That would save me a lot of money on glow sticks.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    its wierd i've never seen it there before. i found it in a clearance tub in the art supplies, might ask someone or if you have a sewing store near by they should have it. i havent got a chance to give it a time test yet but it was still easy to see after around 10min and i usually cant sit still long so it would work for me.

4. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    I am interested in how long they last.Keep us updated.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    did a black light charge 5min bright 10min easy to see 20min getting dim but still pretty visible 30min dim and getting harder to see and then wife turns on light in garage and messes up further test:smile2: so it glows for around 15min pretty good. and being string you can make the whole rod glow if you want. heres the link to what it is. http://www.coatsandclark.com/Products/Machine+Embroidery/Threads/Coats+Glow+in+the+Dark+Thread.htm covers with rod finish just fine it seems, i will definatly be using it on some rods i build or repair

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  6. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    great find man, i may look into putting that stuff on my rods... would really help out with my black and brown rods...

7. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    which walmart did you go to Brandon? I'd like to check some out.​

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    stanley, i bought all the white i seen there was 3 yellow left that i seen but they didn't glow as good. i might part with some if we ever hook up to melt some lead. I'm about fed up with this snow and freezing temps. what happened to the saying (kansas) if you don't like the weather wait a day or two it'll change.

9. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    It says in the artical that it recharges by LIGHT,,,That means any light, not just the black light I think,, did you check after you turned the light back off?? just curious.

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea it recharges with any light, i used the blacklight because from what ive read the glow in the dark chemicals react best to uv light: blacklight, sunlight.